Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 6.2 raptor 400 oil change

I'm planning on changing the oil in my craz when I get to the cottage tomorrow, but after reading my owners manual, I have a few questions. The manual indicates I should use semi synthetic 5w30, but I thought I read in another thread that synthetic should not be used until after 100 engine hours. Should I be using non synthetic for now?
    Any suggestions for oil?
    Also, how many litres will I need?

The manual indicates that there are both spin on and cartridge style filters. The boat is at the cottage so I'm unable to verify, does anyone know which filter my engine would take?

My dealer is a 3 hr drive away, and I'm not able to get there before I head to the cottage. Will I be able to find a filter at my local parts store or does the engine take some special marine filter?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

I changed the oil & filter in friends Craz a few weekends ago. Spin on filter and I think I used about 7.5 qts of oil. I bought the Indmar filter & oil from the dealership, but think I remember seeing that it was full synthetic oil. Prior to the raptor motors, it was posted to avoid full synthetic until after 100 hrs.

FYI - the 440 motor in my Supra uses a cartridge filter. Think it's Volvo OEM.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    I changed the oil & filter in friends Craz a few weekends ago. Spin on filter and I think I used about 7.5 qts of oil. I bought the Indmar filter & oil from the dealership, but think I remember seeing that it was full synthetic oil. Prior to the raptor motors, it was posted to avoid full synthetic until after 100 hrs.

FYI - the 440 motor in my Supra uses a cartridge filter. Think it's Volvo OEM.
    So, I'm at 90 hrs. Will I be safe using semi-synthetic or what do you suggest?

2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Sorry! Semi-synthetic is what you need.

Thanks!!

2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Is there a generic automotive filter I can use? My dealer is 3 hrs away and the local indmar dealer was mind blowingly useless when I went in there this morning. They sell sangers with indmar engines, but couldn't even find a part number let alone tell me if they had a filter in stock.

2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Got my part number from the manual when I changed mine on the Craz, picked it up at the local auto store. You can try this also click here...
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

Haha ya, I ended up having to get my owners manual from my truck and gave them the part number. They still couldn't tell me if they even had the part, let alone cross reference it to tell me if I could find a replacement elsewhere. I am so glad I didn't buy a boat from that dealership when I had the opportunity

2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    Sorry! Semi-synthetic is what you need.
    I changed the oil and filter today. I used semi-synthetic as per your recommendation and the owners manual. I ended up calling my dealer today to verify a few things and book my winterization visit. When I asked the service manager about the semi-synthetic and synthetic difference and what they use, he told me that my engine has had full synthetic oil in it since I picked it up with 0.7 hours on it. This includes full synthetic oil change at my 20 hour service. This goes against everything I've been told by a number of mechanics and people in the know. Is this service manager I spoke with misinformed? Has this done damage to my engine? Any insight is appreciated.

2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Raptor 6.2 oil filters

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk
    2015 lsv purple metal flake