Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anchor??

Default Anchor??

Hey guys just curious on what kind of anchor you would recommend for my new helix and what weight

Default Anchor??

'08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Default Anchor??

^^^ I'll never own a different kind of anchor than this. Sooooo much better than the typical danforth anchor and requires way less rope to be let out. I've never had to reset a slide/box anchor once I've thrown it overboard.
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

They look a little bulky do you guys stow them on the boat all the time or just when you're going to Anchor
    Last edited by Pipeliner07; 08-28-2016 at 04:14 PM.

I use the above anchor as well, especially after my danforth was bent and the boat was released across the cove. Luckily I was standing on tg out the back as my boat went floating by. Scary as hell.

Bit of a wind storm and it bent it until it released. I even had a stern anchor but it wasn't set as deep as the bow.

The box anchor above folds in half making it easier to stow, I also have a nice half heavy mesh and plastic bag to stow it in so it doesn't scratch anything.

Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Default Anchor??

Quote Originally Posted by Pipeliner07 View Post
    They look a little bulky do you guys stow them on the boat all the time or just when you're going to Anchor
    I have 2. I keep one in the boat with a 30' stretch line and buoy all the time. The second I take with me as a spare when I go to Powell (I've lost quite a few anchors over the years). It is a little bulky but stores just fine under the center bow filler seat or in the under seat storage.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Ok thanks for all information think I'm going to try the folding box anchor and see how it works

You should always have an anchor available.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Default Anchor??

I have the digger anchor. Never have an issue setting that thing. Holds great. I can usually set it by just throwing out and pulling back. Sometime use the reverse method too. Fits perfect in the nose under the seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nick

2012 moomba mojo 2.5
    2005 Moomba outback-sold

Ok thanks for all information think I'm going to try the folding box anchor and see how it works
    Love my box anchor. it really doesn't take up much space at all. mine is under one of my bow seats. I think honestly, it takes up about as much space as a life vest and it has a nice storage bag.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com