Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Does anyone know where "Rope Swing Cove" is on the Metolius Arm of Lake Billy Chinook

Edit: I found out the info. thanks.
    Last edited by trayson; 07-13-2016 at 06:12 PM.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

So you are going to be the houseboat skipper navigating the waters of Rope Swing Cove. Sorry I couldn't help you locate the cove but it sounds fun.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

You're welcome
    -Jake

I think I can see it from here!

gilligan.jpg

517208710.jpg
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Mike Mandley hit up his buddy Steven and got me the info I needed.

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Default Does anyone know where "Rope Swing Cove" is on the Metolius Arm of Lake Billy Chinook

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Mike Mandley hit up his buddy Steven and got me the info I needed.

For the record he hit up two of his buddies. That sounds like a nice trip.
    Last edited by beat taco; 07-14-2016 at 01:59 AM.
    -Jake

Quote Originally Posted by beat taco View Post
    For the record he hit up two of his buddies. That sounds like a nice trip.
    Ah. well, if you were involved, much thanks.

Yes, the group is getting their houseboats on a Thursday night and heading over to rope swing cove that evening. on friday after work we'll be able to head down and intend on joining them on the houseboats, but we have to figure out where to launch and park the truck.

That said, what can you tell me about the boat launch at Perry South vs the Marina? I know that since the group will have campsites at Perry South, that it would be easy to launch there and then park the truck and trailer with the people camping there. But someone said the road might not be great to the campground? My other thought was that I could launch at the 3 rivers marina (since they're renting the houseboats from there) and hopefully they'd be cool with us parking the truck and trailer there for 2 days...

Any insight?
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

My dad loved Perry South and had no issues dragging his boat in there. The last 3 miles are dirt and gravel. Not my thing. Three Rivers shouldn't be an issue if you're on a houseboat, as you'll get gate codes and parking from them.

One thing about three Rivers is you'll need to turn off your trailer brakes coming down to the ramp, it is the steepest grade I ever tow down. But no worries, you can try out your hill descent control.

Another thing is if your rear wheels even go 1" in the water to launch make sure you're in 4wd. As your facing the ramp the right side is always mossy and very slick. I was about to hook my winch to my bow hook 2 years ago after being out of the truck for at least a minute and the truck took off sliding into the lake, I jumped in and saved it as the cab was hitting the water. For that matter I've never come down a ramp anywhere in 2wd since that day.

Let us know if you have any issues with a gate code, I'm sure we could help, but I highly doubt you'll need it.
    -Jake

Yup I hit up Jake and Steve, Jake provided me the info I needed and details, Steve provided the picture.

Glad we could help ya out.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by beat taco View Post
    One thing about three Rivers is you'll need to turn off your trailer brakes coming down to the ramp, it is the steepest grade I ever tow down. But no worries, you can try out your hill descent control.
    So the grade down into there is steeper than the regular hill down into Lake Billy by the other Marina?

I'm guessing you're saying to turn off the trailer brakes because with the surge brakes they'll be engaging like mad going down the hill and will burn the brakes up or something? So it'd really be better to not use the trailer brakes to help out and to only use the truck's braking (and hill decent control)?
    www.TraysonsToybox.com