Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Leirhiht View Post
    Well turns out I got high and low fuel pressure pump. When I get to test it this weekend how will I know which one is failing? Boat seems to do the same thing in 3k rpm and higher. And it idles fine..
    Making an assumption here since I don't know on your boat. I am guessing the low pressure pump is in the tank and the high pressure feeds the fuel rail/fuel inlet to the injectors. You want to check that the low pressure feeds from the tank is high volume, the one feeding the injectors is high pressure. To check the low volume one, take a gas can and run the pump straight into that, it should feed quite a bit with the end open.

I would check the fuel pressure on the high pressure feed line, it should be somewhere halfway close to 43psi (that's kind of standard but I am not sure what the TBI needs)

Sean

2004 MOOMBA Mobius LS
    1987 Kawasaki JS-550 (What was I thinking?!)
    2004 Kawasaki STX-12f
    2002 Kawasaki STX-R
    (BrAaAaPp!?!)
    2007 Kawasaki Ultra LX (shhh... it's got a vortech )
    2001 Toyota Tundra (Long Travel Tow Vehicle )
    Checkout my LED project here!

Quote Originally Posted by smokeysevin View Post
    Making an assumption here since I don't know on your boat. I am guessing the low pressure pump is in the tank and the high pressure feeds the fuel rail/fuel inlet to the injectors. You want to check that the low pressure feeds from the tank is high volume, the one feeding the injectors is high pressure. To check the low volume one, take a gas can and run the pump straight into that, it should feed quite a bit with the end open.

I would check the fuel pressure on the high pressure feed line, it should be somewhere halfway close to 43psi (that's kind of standard but I am not sure what the TBI needs)

Sean
    I don't know where the 2 fuel pumps are on the 325 assault, but on my 340 CAT engine, they're both right next to each other at the front of the engine (towards bow) on the starboard side, just under the remote oil filter.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Trayson is correct, it's the same as in his motor.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    2008 OBV
    325 EFI with closed cooling
    Gravity III with 750's in the rear, 400 stock floor, 750 IBS
    Servo valve ballast upgrade
    Wetsounds Rev10
    JL Amps, WS420BT

2000 Outback LS <-- Sold!!!
    310 Carb Direct Drive
    800# Rear Locker
    750# IBS (should have kept this for the OBV)
    Dual Batteries with 2 Bank Charger System
    Kenwood Head with Remotes
    Too many hours restoring exterior from prior negligence to count!

Well finally got to test the fuel pump, been a month or more dealing with the wrong parts and bad weather but it seems to be working fine now. I'm still skeptical becuase after I did the plugs,wires,cap and rotor it worked fine then started again. Hope shes fixed and the last run wasnt a fluke because of weather changes or because the boats been in storage a while.
    I'll keep ya posted, if anyone's still reading this post....
    Lol
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV.
    325 ASSAULT

Well it did it again. Does anybody have any other ideas? I'm trying to find a dealer close by that will use my extended warranty. One dealer told me I need to go where I bought the boat...3.5 hours south!
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV.
    325 ASSAULT

Default Try some HEET?

Quote Originally Posted by Leirhiht View Post
    Well it did it again. Does anybody have any other ideas? I'm trying to find a dealer close by that will use my extended warranty. One dealer told me I need to go where I bought the boat...3.5 hours south!
    Try some HEET it could just be some water in your fuel.
    2009 XLV (Sold)

if you're possibly thinking it's fuel related, then the best thing to do would be to get some good fresh ethanol free gas and bypass your gas tank and have the fuel pump sucking fuel right out of a gas can. However, your problem seems to happen after some run time, right?

I wish I had more ideas for you. But I'm as stumped as you.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com