Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Leirhiht View Post
    So once you changed plugs and wires your issue went away? What about your CEL? Did that just turn off or did you clear it with a scan tool? I'll definitely do it Saturday. I'm still waiting on the wires..
    So first, I changed the plugs/Cap/distributor. And when the problem persisted (albeit somewhat better), I then moved onto the plug wires. Yes, I was getting a CEL that was staying illuminated most the time. After changing out the wires, YES, the CEL went away and has never come back. The motor ran amazing after the new plug wires. I got my boat up to 42mph at 5500 RPM's and I hadn't seen that kind of speed in a long time. Purrs like a kitten.

The wires I got were easy. Numbered and ready to go. I did have to remove the cap again to get to the coil wire (required me to take off a sensor above the distributor and also take one bolt out of a bracket and pivot it out of the way to get to the coil wire that was kind of below the distributor area, but seriously, it was a quick and easy swap to do the wires.)
    Last edited by trayson; 08-29-2016 at 12:46 PM.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    So first, I changed the plugs/Cap/distributor. And when the problem persisted (albeit somewhat better), I then moved onto the plug wires. Yes, I was getting a CEL that was staying illuminated most the time. After changing out the wires, YES, the CEL went away and has never come back. The motor ran amazing after the new plug wires. I got my boat up to 42mph at 5500 RPM's and I hadn't seen that kind of speed in a long time. Purrs like a kitten.

The wires I got were easy. Numbered and ready to go. I did have to remove the cap again to get to the coil wire (required me to take off a sensor above the distributor and also take one bolt out of a bracket and pivot it out of the way to get to the coil wire that was kind of below the distributor area, but seriously, it was a quick and easy swap to do the wires.)
    Sounds good. Thanks for the replies! this makes me feel a lot better.
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV.
    325 ASSAULT

OK changed plugs, wires, fuel filter, cap and rotor. Cel went off after I start and stopped engine three times. Seemed to be working fine cruising to the dam at 25 mph. Gave it a little more throttle and then it started again! Thought I had it fixed. What's the next step you think?
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV.
    325 ASSAULT

OK changed plugs, wires, fuel filter, cap and rotor. Cel went off after I start and stopped engine three times. Seemed to be working fine cruising to the dam at 25 mph. Gave it a little more throttle and then it started again! Thought I had it fixed. What's the next step you think?
    wow. i really thought that would do it. Now I'm stumped.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Me either.I posted that while on the lake. I sat around in idle for about 20-30 mins. Took off again worked fine. Pulled a rider at surf speeds,fine.
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV.
    325 ASSAULT

I posted that as I was on the lake..so i stopped and idled for a while, 20 mins or so, and tried again and it worked great. So I weighted it for my girl to ride and it performed with no issues. Monday I had 5 people including me weighted 60% on non surf side and 80% on surf side (guesstimate) with the suck gate. Performed fine again. Took a break with engine off, started back up after 15 mins and took off. Did the hesitation again, took off fine but in the 3k rpm range it had a stutter. Stopped and idled a bit crawled to dam at 7mph and pulled another rider, back to normal. 3 hours later did it again so I idled and it stopped again. Some sort or sensor fail? Bad gas? Cel never came back on..clueless.

Thought I'd give an update..
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV.
    325 ASSAULT

Check fuel pressure. Our carbed assault 325 had the fuel pump shit the bed and it was starving the engine until it bit the ghost. If the 340 has the same goofy fuel pump setup you may also want to replace the pressure solenoid next to the destributor. Also check for leaks in the exhaust hose.

Sean

2004 MOOMBA Mobius LS
    1987 Kawasaki JS-550 (What was I thinking?!)
    2004 Kawasaki STX-12f
    2002 Kawasaki STX-R
    (BrAaAaPp!?!)
    2007 Kawasaki Ultra LX (shhh... it's got a vortech )
    2001 Toyota Tundra (Long Travel Tow Vehicle )
    Checkout my LED project here!

Quote Originally Posted by smokeysevin View Post
    Check fuel pressure. Our carbed assault 325 had the fuel pump shit the bed and it was starving the engine until it bit the ghost. If the 340 has the same goofy fuel pump setup you may also want to replace the pressure solenoid next to the destributor. Also check for leaks in the exhaust hose.

Sean

Cool I'll check that this weekend. Been so busy haven't been able to get back out. Mines the 325 EFI so I really hope it's not injector(s). I was trying to locate the regulator and had trouble finding it. Assuming it is an injector, can I just take them out and hook them to a battery and spray carb cleaner through them? It idles fine and it doesn't do the surging at low speeds, 7-8 mph, but does it at surf speeds with or without perfect pass on, and at 20-25 mph. Is the fuel pump the little electrical solenoid looking part, size of a fist, on starboard side near the floor? I'm stressing out about this cause I don't think extended warranty will cover fuel issues and I don't want to take it to the dealership unless I have to.
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV.
    325 ASSAULT

Cool I'll check that this weekend. Been so busy haven't been able to get back out. Mines the 325 EFI so I really hope it's not injector(s). I was trying to locate the regulator and had trouble finding it. Assuming it is an injector, can I just take them out and hook them to a battery and spray carb cleaner through them? It idles fine and it doesn't do the surging at low speeds, 7-8 mph, but does it at surf speeds with or without perfect pass on, and at 20-25 mph. Is the fuel pump the little electrical solenoid looking part, size of a fist, on starboard side near the floor? I'm stressing out about this cause I don't think extended warranty will cover fuel issues and I don't want to take it to the dealership unless I have to.

Fuel pump is located near the front of the motor on the bottom, opposite the alternator. I would be surprised if an injector went bad unless you got a bad batch of fuel or water got in the tank.

Sean

2004 MOOMBA Mobius LS
    1987 Kawasaki JS-550 (What was I thinking?!)
    2004 Kawasaki STX-12f
    2002 Kawasaki STX-R
    (BrAaAaPp!?!)
    2007 Kawasaki Ultra LX (shhh... it's got a vortech )
    2001 Toyota Tundra (Long Travel Tow Vehicle )
    Checkout my LED project here!

Quote Originally Posted by smokeysevin View Post
    Fuel pump is located near the front of the motor on the bottom, opposite the alternator. I would be surprised if an injector went bad unless you got a bad batch of fuel or water got in the tank.

Sean
    Well turns out I got high and low fuel pressure pump. When I get to test it this weekend how will I know which one is failing? Boat seems to do the same thing in 3k rpm and higher. And it idles fine..
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV.
    325 ASSAULT