Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Moomba Lives in Eagle River, WI - We Live in Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    if you're going to add an amp, take a look at something like the Exile Javelin or the PPI P900.5 as a couple options. they are 5 channel amps that are stable at 2 ohms so you could run your existing 4 boat speakers off a pair of channels (at 2 ohms), run the bow speakers off another pair (at 4 ohms), and still have a subwoofer channel. really there are a ton of options out there for class D 5 channel amps that would suit your needs. Pick your brand of choice (kicker, wetsounds, kenwood, sony, alpine, and on and on and on) and you'll find something.

If you didn't want the sub (you'd be silly to not have a sub, they had so much sound and dimension to your audio), then a 4 channel amp that's 2 ohm stable would be fine (like the PPI P900.4)

That would leave your one existing amp for the towers.

It would be ideal to take advantage of getting your in boat speakers OFF deck power as you add an amp to your system. deck power is weaksauce. it's just a way to "get by" and is not optimal for powering speakers. your inboats will come alive when you add an amp.

It's really not that hard... just adding power and ground wires, and the remote turn on lead that goes from the amp to the deck. There are even some pre-made enclosures that come coated with bedliner that you can get that won't kill your bank account if you don't want to build your own box. There's plenty of people on this forum that are knowledgeable enough that are happy to lend insight.

Cool, thanks Trayson ... your "weaksauce" comment has inspired me to give Dusty's Exile 15.4 amp a new home, connected to Russell's Kicker speakers to complete my new bow speak set up in my '14 LSV Now l can spend Friday morning of Labor Day getting this all wired up to enjoy my new audio while skiing and surfing on one of our last weekends on the water this season for us Northerners!

I'm telling ya, go ahead and jump in on the 30.2 and you will be set for towers! Do the work once!
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Default Suggestions for Adding Bow Speakers to my 2014 LSV

Quote Originally Posted by dusty2221 View Post
    I'm telling ya, go ahead and jump in on the 30.2 and you will be set for towers! Do the work once!
    True statement. Redoing stinks. The kickers may be there today. Have to check tracking. Screws are in the mail as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by North Woods Mobius View Post
    Cool, thanks Trayson ... your "weaksauce" comment has inspired me to give Dusty's Exile 15.4 amp a new home, connected to Russell's Kicker speakers to complete my new bow speak set up in my '14 LSV Now l can spend Friday morning of Labor Day getting this all wired up to enjoy my new audio while skiing and surfing on one of our last weekends on the water this season for us Northerners!
    Glad I could help you part with some of your well earned money! Yeah, you'll be quite happy with the exile amp. Although I still think that for the long term plan, you should keep a subwoofer on your radar.

But yeah, you'll be happy to rid yourself of deck power, no doubt.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I've got a xm20.1 ready for when he decides to add a sub!
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

My Moomba Lives in Eagle River, WI - We Live in Chicago

Default Suggestions for Adding Bow Speakers to my 2014 LSV

48 hours ago, I was sitting with 4 cabins running off the head unit and 2 tower speakers off a 2-channel amp.... Now, after the collective wisdom of the Forum, Dusty and Russell have set me up to run 6 cabins running off the Exile 15.4 amp ('cause I don't want Trayson thinking I'm "weaksauce") to compliment my 2 tower cans running of a 2 channel amp.

I think I'll save the Sub for a Christmas present to myself

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk