Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

If I knew exactly what I was doing, I would but together a post / sticky with photos and step by step. Sorry, but I am just not interested in paying a dealer $285 to pull a couple plugs. All it takes is the know how, and a little mechanically inclined ability. I am going to be looking to get this completed this coming weekend. We'll see how it goes I guess. There should not be any reason to pour any antifreeze (to my knowledge) anywhere.

Crazy440 - The center ballast is a hard tank, unless you have an added ballast, but mine is just the stock one. I think (not positive), but if you look under your carpet, there are a couple access panels. One has a T handle tapered plug. This should be your center ballast plug. The only reason I know this is because I had to reinstall it in the spring.

I was lead to believe this drain (from my dealer upon purchase) was a secondary hull drain centered in the boat and the hard ballast tank is separate from this. Can someone from SC who usually follows this thread confirm this?

The brass T Handle is a hull drain, not a ballast tank drain.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Thanks for clearing this up. That said, is there a ballast drain for the hard tank? Or do you have to rely on the pump getting all of the water out?

I blew my lines out with a cprmressor then put 10 litres of antifreeze in the center tank through the hoses that attach to the IBS.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Can you expand on how you did this?

FYI... I just spoke with Indmar. The mystery hose that is supposed to come off the manifolds and connect with a T is not on some Moomba Indmar motors due to space limitations. He told me to remove the plug (gold hex head) in each manifold instead and remove the drain at the very bottom of the transmission. Sorry, no pictures yet, will try to get some later.
    2015 Moomba Mondo (Surf Edition)
    Ford Raptor 400
    Roswell Aviator Tower
    AutoFlow Upgraded to Gen 2
    Added JL Audio Amp & Subwoofer

Quote Originally Posted by siv24 View Post
    If I knew exactly what I was doing, I would but together a post / sticky with photos and step by step. Sorry, but I am just not interested in paying a dealer $285 to pull a couple plugs.
    Your dealer probably knows exactly what they are doing and that the T handle is a hull drain, not a center ballast drain. Dealers spend a lot of $$ training their techs so that your boat will be safe over the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    Your dealer probably knows exactly what they are doing and that the T handle is a hull drain, not a center ballast drain. Dealers spend a lot of $$ training their techs so that your boat will be safe over the winter.

Amen...........
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

LOL. You "dealer" guys crack me up. If you choose to take it to a dealer every year and pay them to do this, have at it. Therefore, your comments are useless.

I, like many of us, choose to save the money and learn to do it. Many people on the site have very good information. Thanks to those who have had useful comments. Also, I came across this thread that has helped tremendously in the "how To Info" threads. Thanks everyone.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....-Raptor-motors