Default 2014 LSV with wireless tower speakers?

Hi-

I am a newbie, and am considering installing wireless tower speakers (because I am not that technically proficient, and don't see myself running wire). Has anyone used these, and can they recommend some? Do I need anything other than the standard stereo to run them (such as another amp.)? Any thoughts are appreciated.

Bill

2014 LSV

So what size batteries do those wireless speakers run off and how long do those batteries last? Are they rechargeable like a lithium ion or disposable alkaline?

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    So what size batteries do those wireless speakers run off and how long do those batteries last? Are they rechargeable like a lithium ion or disposable alkaline?
    I was actually hoping for a suggestion in terms of a pair that someone has installed/used and that work, or knowing that they had the opposite experience.

I'm not sure a wireless option has been experimented with, at least not much, in this environment.

The tower wire may already be ran in a 2014?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Tifton,GA Lake Blackshear, and Lake Cheehaw

the only wireless options in audio would be from a home system not a mobile 12v system. Running the wires isn't hard just time consuming. A simple wire snake from lowes on the elecrucial aisle and holes where you want to come out of the tower on top and boom done. Really simple.
    2015 Supra SG 450 Fire Red Metallic
    Wetsounds and MMATS
    2015 Mojo
    2014 LSV
    2006 Tahoe Q4sf

Thanks, guys. Will check with Moomba today. If wiring was already done, that's a no-brainer. If not, then I might have to figure something else out.

Another dumb question - is wiring something that can be done in-dock, or do you need to get under the boat for any reason. I assume the answer is it can, but that will determine it for sure.

Bill,

The only true wireless speaker, would be strapping a boombox to the tower. You would need a self-contained tower speaker pod that runs off batteries and receives a wifi, BT or radio signal from a base unit transmitter. The problem with "wireless" speakers, is they typically need to be plugged into a power source. This means, they are not actually wireless. What is meant by wireless, is that they receive their audio signal via a wireless transmission such as wifi, blue tooth or radio. You can get one or the other, but not both right now. TONS of speaker options that only need a pair of audio wires.

My best advice, seek out a local marine audio installer. Work with them to design a system that fits your needs and budget, then let them do the installation. Wiring the tower is 2nd nature to these folks.

In addition to the tower pods and wiring the tower, you will need an amplifier, power cabling and signal cables, circuit protection. May need to even fabricate a board to mount the amp to. Way more to it, above just mounting the pods and fishing some wire through the tower.