Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Why not an SE? Can't supra get some love?
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by dusty2221 View Post
    Why not an SE? Can't supra get some love?
    Well, the SE is obviously so amazing it would cast a shadow on all the others. I mean, if we put your SE in the analogy, it'd be like having Journey come on your boat live and do a concert for you--- and getting Steve Perry back!
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    For what it's worth, I have a bridged Precision Power P600.2 going to each of my Wetsounds Rev410's. so each one is getting 600RMS (or 400rms at 12v).
    For what it's worth, you also zip tied led's to the speaker grills. Everyone's finish tolerance is going to be different. The take away is that you are taking the best speakers on the market and applying the cheapest power plant. It meets output specs but you are giving up other attributes to get the price low. It may or may not matter to the end user.

Dusty, what kind of love does the SE need? Some Rev love?
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    For what it's worth, you also zip tied led's to the speaker grills. Everyone's finish tolerance is going to be different. The take away is that you are taking the best speakers on the market and applying the cheapest power plant. It meets output specs but you are giving up other attributes to get the price low. It may or may not matter to the end user.
    I wouldn't say "cheapest". there's a LOT of lower quality crap that I could have hooked up. Boss, Crunch, Pyramid, and more. I also could have went with lower end models of PPI amps. That's like saying that a Moomba is the cheapest boat out there when it's a solid value range option. That's exactly what the PPI amps are. the best of the Value range--kinda like my XLV.

And maybe I'll fix my zip ties when I have time. I was under a big time crunch to get the speakers done and installed so I wouldn't have any downtime on my boat. I've still got a list a mile long of other mods, so everything in due time. Plus, 99% of the people out there wouldn't even see them. I guess maybe that's your point, that the vast majority of people wouldn't hear the difference like most people wouldn't see my zipties, but if you're the person that needs that perfect/premium aspect, then you'd probably want to get the higher end brand name? So yeah, our tolerances aren't the same.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Default Wet sounds rev 10 amp power.

Quote Originally Posted by David Analog View Post
    The PPI amplifiers are a great power per dollar value. They do a single and simple specification very well.
    Are there better amplifiers? Of course. Class D amplifiers with higher switching speeds, lower distortion, and MUCH, MUCH better front ends.
    But those cost much more just as they should.
    Excellent point, I stated max power not rms, which is pretty pointless. As it seems to produce published specs rms is 300 on this unit. So you're not getting the same power as a JL 750/1, but again, for the price, it's a great value and solid option.
    -Jake

Dusty,

SE. Is so last year
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    Buying rev10 with ppi would be like getting a new SA with a hyper lite broadcast ....
    LOL that's funny right there JM!

Just buy an SD2 and be done with it. You'll have headroom for a 2nd pair of Rev10's later..........It's only $$

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet