Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

In my airplane the gas tanks are rubber bladders and they have a baffle at the inside (low) end to help reduce slosh from the outlet. his keeps the sending unit more stable as well. Maybe the tanks need to have such a feature. But, we never go by the guage in the air anyway--always time.

Maybe Skier;s Chice could sell an aftermarket kit that woul allow us to hook up a 2.5 gallon metal outboard can as a reserve tank????

I contacted a local dealership Brickyard - Coldwater, MI and they said they have had to replace a doz or so this year and they are putting in a different sending unit that what is standard issue and that seems to take care of the problem. Not sure what unit they are using.
    Love the water!!!

Default fuel gauge

Hey Outback-Newbe,

Did the dealer you contacted replace the tanks AND the sending units, or just the sending units (with a different brand)? Do you have any info on what brand(s) they used, or can you give us the name and number of the dealer?

Default Termite

Not sure,...i will find out on Thursday whern i take my boat in to get "fixed" and get the 10 hour service completed. I will let you know.
    Love the water!!!

Default No luck!

When i took my boat to the dealership they refused to service it since i had not purchased it there. What a waist of a bunch of time! The owner went so far as to tell me to get off his property. He relly made a scene in front of other customers who could not help but laugh at his antics.
    Love the water!!!

Yes,...refused even after sceduling the apt. and knowing that the boat was not purchased from them. The owner walked out while i was checking in for my apt. and noticing that the boat was not purchased there he told me to get off his property and gave instruction to his employees that they should not work on the boat. He made one hell of a scene yelling in front of other customers. He was upset because i did not buy it there,...hell he was $3,000.00 higher than another location about an hour further away. I don't have $3,000.00 to just throw away to make him happy.
    Love the water!!!

Default Update?

Hey Brian,
    Any word yet on this from the design engineers?
    Thanks for your help!

Brian Raymond Guest

Default Damn the bounce

Looking at liquid filled gauges, and enclosed float housings, the floats used now are very sensitive and directly exposed to fuel slosh, will keep posted. Brian Raymond

Default Brian how about an update...

Any news on Moomba's fix? I would like my dealer to make this change at years end.
    Love the water!!!

Default gas gauge

I have never had much faith in marine fuel gauges for all the above reasons. We spent the weekend with my (new to me) Boomerang with a jerry jug on board just in case. The peak fluctuations on the gauge did indicate some idea of what was in the tank. I agree that this is not satisfactory but it seems typical of the standard these days. My 1957 boat has a reserve capacity controlled by a manual tap. Very crude but very effective and gives complete peace of mind. I suppose I would install a similar system (an extra pick up and three way tap) in the Moomba over replacing the gauge/sender if I felt it was a real issue.
    The boat is fantastic!
    boomerang