Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Soon to be 2016 Mojo owner?

Hello to everyone on the forum!

Over the last couple of weeks I have been in the market to purchase a dedicated water sports boat in the near future (November). Currently I own a 210 Bryan with a tower. It works fine for the little bit of wakeboarding my friends and family do, but the size has become an issue (seating and room) and I would also like to wake surf! Obviously cannot do that with an IB/OB and now I'm looking for something more serious.

I've done my research on all the big names out there (malibu, nautique, mastercraft, axis, moomba, supra,) My local dealer here at smith mountain lake in VA only sells nautique and moomba. The nautique is one hell of a boat, even if I had the money I could not justify the price for the features. I really like MOJO. The more I look at it and read the more it really feels like the best value for the money.

I am going out Saturday on a demo ride on the unit I hope to purchase in the following months. Just wanted to stop by on the Forum to ask if there is any first hand information from owners that they would like to share with me? Any particular things I should do or see while I have the boat out? Just looking for anything I would not know or the salesman would not know. I'll add pics of the one I will be out on

Thanks guys!

5642216_0_311219691600_1.jpg5642216_0_311219691600_6.jpg5642216_0_311219691600_8 (1).jpg5642216_0_311219691600_4.jpg5642216_0_311219691600_10.jpg

Having just purchased a 2016 Mojo 2 weeks ago, and coming from a 2013 Glastron GTS225 with a wake tower I can tell you that you are making a great choice. My family and friends would go out and wakeboard a little/tube a little then tie up in a cove and have several frosty beverages on the old boat. Now we are spending a lot more time in the boat, surfing and wakeboarding. The room is outstanding, storage is great and the features for the money can't be beat in my opinion. The only negatives that come to mind are: get ready to spend a lot more money on gas (especially if you are surfing), the Roswell speakers and the Kicker 200 watt amp are okay at best (for the money they charge for this option I was expecting more), and you will need larger ballast bags in the back to get a good surf wave.

Other than that I couldn't be more happy...good luck with your purchase.
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

Quote Originally Posted by fullmetalheart View Post
    Hello to everyone on the forum!

Over the last couple of weeks I have been in the market to purchase a dedicated water sports boat in the near future (November). Currently I own a 210 Bryan with a tower. It works fine for the little bit of wakeboarding my friends and family do, but the size has become an issue (seating and room) and I would also like to wake surf! Obviously cannot do that with an IB/OB and now I'm looking for something more serious.

I've done my research on all the big names out there (malibu, nautique, mastercraft, axis, moomba, supra,) My local dealer here at smith mountain lake in VA only sells nautique and moomba. The nautique is one hell of a boat, even if I had the money I could not justify the price for the features. I really like MOJO. The more I look at it and read the more it really feels like the best value for the money.

I am going out Saturday on a demo ride on the unit I hope to purchase in the following months. Just wanted to stop by on the Forum to ask if there is any first hand information from owners that they would like to share with me? Any particular things I should do or see while I have the boat out? Just looking for anything I would not know or the salesman would not know. I'll add pics of the one I will be out on

Thanks guys!

5642216_0_311219691600_1.jpg5642216_0_311219691600_6.jpg5642216_0_311219691600_8 (1).jpg5642216_0_311219691600_4.jpg5642216_0_311219691600_10.jpg
    Bought a 2016 Mojo one month ago. Came from a Moomba LSV. Will tell you that the wakeboard wake is way better, but surf wave youll need a lot of weight on the boat.
    2016 Mojo
    2010 Moomba LSV-Sold

Default Soon to be 2016 Mojo owner?

I assume you working with Webster marine? Man do they have a pile of mojo's on there lot. Looks like they have a 2015 still you might be able to get an even better deal on if don't mind the color.

I would STRONGLY encourage you test it with larger bags and also make that part of the deal. Two upgraded rear sacks and a bow sac would be a definite for the deal.
    Rusty

2013 Mojo

yes! They have always been very good to us. Bough two rxp-x 260s from them last year, my uncle and his wife bought two 260s as well, and our current bryant came from them lol. They have 3 on the lot, they actually sold the grey/black one last week. Someone demoed the green/white one as well. Amazing the market for these boats considering the price they move quickly at the dealer.

I wish I had someone who knew how to wakesurf with me, to throw them behind it really quick and get their 2 cents. Seems everyone here who has one already pointed out we need more weight though to make it a proper boat!

Thanks for all the input so far everyone!

Yes, More weight is necessary, but. it is a small investment to have an otherwise great all around boat. I have the 1100 lb rear fly highs also. Consider how deep the hull is on this boat. I could put another 1000 lbs in the back and the water line wouldn't reach the rub-rails. Wave is great. you can see a video of my son surfing on the august 2016 picture thread. You can see the wave pretty good there.
    That is the only complaint I have. As Rusty said, make it part of the deal. I bought mine at wakemakers for~ 360$ with the coupon code. ALso you will need the engine panel reinforcement struts. 60.00$. Other than that my family loves the boat. It has tons of space. The space in the rear locker works great for storing boards during transport. Kids are constantly bugging me about going to the lake every sunny day. Great memories.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

Love my 14 Mojo! Yeah it takes some weight to surf but it's easy to get a really nice wave on either side of the boat.
    image.jpg
    Jed
    2014 Moomba Mojo

Just wanted to let everyone know we bought the boat! Test ride went GREAT this morning. Moomba has really impressed me with how well this boat performed, went above and beyond my expectations. Personally I think the wave it throws off is great, which we are all pretty new at wakesurfing. Maybe in a couple of years we will upgrade if we outgrow the wave it makes now

Shout out to the techs at Webster. When I was leaving we noticed the center display was not working. Turned around and asked them about it. (at this point it is 3:30 and they close at 3). Techs look at it in the water and tell me the display went bad.... I ask about taking one off another unit and one of the techs said everyone else was going home but it would take him about an hour to swap it and would do it if we wanted. About 20 minutes later they came and told us its good to go! Strange it worked this morning and went out 6 hours later, but Webster went above and beyond by fixing it for us on the spot!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqZIzVOiiiY
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by fullmetalheart; 08-13-2016 at 09:44 PM.

Nice & congrats!

Beautiful, looks great! I'll be looking for you on the water at SML when there this upcoming weekend. I'll be in a blue and white MOJO. Looking forward to see it up close.
    2014 MOJO 345 Surf - Sold
    2005 Mobius LSV, carb - Sold