Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Web Sites

Default Web Sites

Ok,

So it seems there are alot of people that ask where, to get this and that. So maybe a thread that lists our fav spots to shop.

So I know for parts we all list skidim.com I also like www.tacomapropeller.com

For me its www.wakeside.com they have a great list of items.
    one that is not really used, but I bought most of my gear in the off season is evogear.com Shop in early Jan-March, and you can get some great deals on last years models. I bought all my kids hyperlite jackets less then I could some off brand locally.

so far.

www.skidim.com
    www.wakeside.com
    www.evogear.com
    www.extremetower.com
    www.tacomapropeller.com
    07 LSV
    Bikinis, tankinis, martinis
    No weenies

Default Replying to Topic 'Web Sites'

www.boardparadise.com also
    BTW, you can find REALLY good deals on 'last year's models' if you do wait till January or after of the following year. I got really good deals on ropes, bindings, boards, jackets. All last year's models, but all brand new.
    Hope this helps
    B
    Learn all you can today. Tomorrow you may need to know it!
    2004 Moomba Outback. Tower Speakers, amp, ballast, ssrr ... she's a cutie!

better add
    www.wakezone.biz
    Bruce Fuerstenberg

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting...holy shit!...what a ride!

Hey Yellow, when are you gonna redo that website NOT with front page.
    2005 Moomba Outback

My wife was kind enough to toss the black caps to my ballast bags last thur before our vacation. I called all over atlanta, and the only place that would even try to get the replacements to me was buywake.com. The guy I talked to hand walked them through shipping and called me back as soon as he personally slapped a tracking label on the outbound box. They arrived on Sat in time for me to leave on Sun. I was thoroughly impressed with the level of customer service (on a $7 item no less) and will purchase from them again.

I had amazing service from www.evogear.com I purchased the liquid force Fish board for 199.00. with the conversion and the duties it ended up being 300.00 Canadian. I had it in 4 days. And the store i usually buy my gear from was still selling it at 579.00

I'd buy there again!!
    2005 Moomba Outback

Smrtz,
    I am thinking this winter I will overhaul the site using Dreamweaver.
    How can you tell it is done in Front page?
    If the answer is too nasty e-mail me [email protected]

I know Front page is a rookie tool for webpage design, thats what worked for me when I started.
    Bruce Fuerstenberg

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting...holy shit!...what a ride!

if you really want to know... on most... well all actually, but for the pros we (yes I consider myself one) remove all the shit that is not needed. but you can right click on any web page and view source.... and in yours it says this....

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252">
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="en-us">
    <title>WakeZone</title>
    <meta name="GENERATOR" content="Microsoft FrontPage 5.0">
    <meta name="ProgId" content="FrontPage.Editor.Document">
    <link rel="File-List" href="index_files/filelist.xml">

So anyhow... yes Dreamweaver is the way to go... but that is just for look and feel. YOu need a bit more... I would reccomend some mysql and php on the back end along with using https for all your secure transactions...
    07 LSV
    Bikinis, tankinis, martinis
    No weenies

Oh it wasnt a dig at all. Forsure not meant to be nasty!
    I have designed many sites and like you, started with front page so I can immediately identify its short commings.

If and when you switch over to dreamweaver, you will see a huge difference. Even if you are self taught, take the skills you have from FP and apply them to dreamweaver and the output will be 1000% better looking. Obviously DW is only one of the tools you should have in your quiver.. but you will notice results right away!

I will email you so you have my contact info. If you have any questions or anything I can help out with Im always glad to.

Cheers!
    2005 Moomba Outback

I’m with Wolf: buywake.com is the best for wakeboarding when you call into them you get a rider on the phone that is generally knowledgeable

Honorable mentions have to go to grizzly-sports for incredible deals and adrenaline water sports they have customer appreciation sale every spring applying a discount to your entire purchase.