Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: prop

Default prop

i just got back from the lake and had my 3 400 stock bags filled. also had an additional 540 lb full in the passenger side locker and another 150 ish in the floor. we gave it some gas and and couldn't get above 10 mph even revving the engine off perfect pass still wouldn't go. in thinking it could be the prop not having enough butt to push the boat and spinning

also i have an inmarr assault 325 i recently changed the plugs and wires due to it smoking a little but since i swapped it out it got a little worse and smells like its running a rich. what could this be?
    2009 moomba mobis
    working on ballast system
    working on a surf setup
    1992 ski nautique (dont hate)

Your honestly not running a lot of weight, which prop are you currently running?

My LSV same engine would plane just fine with 3k in it evenly weighted, took some time but it did it.

If your smelling a lot of fuel like it's rich, your O2 sensors might be failing, hard to say with out a computer to read it.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

X2 on the o2 sensor. These will cause an engine to run rich. They are easy to change and not too expensive. Depending on age and hours it would be good to replace them. If you are running rich it will reduce engine performance and increase fuel consumption.

Check the rim on your prop and see what it says (Example 13x16) so we know where you stand. Like posted above you're not running a lot of weight but a lot of other factors can also get in the way with people, gear, gas, cooler , etc.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

I'm running a 13.5x16 4 blade and does anon know where the o2 sender is on an 09 325 assault. or to one jup that any one know where i can get the motor manual for it?
    2009 moomba mobis
    working on a surf setup

Default prop

Quote Originally Posted by newbie1993 View Post
    I'm running a 13.5x16 4 blade and does anon know where the o2 sender is on an 09 325 assault. or to one jup that any one know where i can get the motor manual for it?
    Seems like more of a speed prop. Mine is an acme 1617 which is like 14/14.5 or something. Pulls my boat out of water like a raped ape with 3300# ballast and up to 8 people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2013 LSV Red/White

1100lb upgrades in each rear locker!
    Stock 500 Bow ballast
    650IBS
    Manual Flow equipped

Boards
    Hyperlite Hi-Fi "The Illest"
    CWB AMG Carbon
    Phase 5 Razz
    Byerly Volt
    4.6 Ronix Koal Fish
    Phase Five Scamp (kiddos)

out of water like a raped ape with 3300#
    I guess I'm picking on ape's also since I'm running the stock OJ945 15"x13p. Forgot to mention elevation will be a big player also. 13.6x16 isn't a prop to really push weight...
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

Default prop

Ok that's what I was hoping. Praying there wasn't something majorly wrong with it. What prop would yall recomend? Plan on plumbing 1100 in each locker and 1000 additional up front over the winter.

2009 moomba mobis
    working on a surf setup

Default prop

The 1617! I have one that I took off of my LSV when I sold it that I need to sell
    Matt
    2021 Mojo
    2016 Mojo (sold)
    2012 LSV (sold)

Default prop

Pm me with a price shipped to Monroe ga

2009 moomba mobis
    working on a surf setup