Default If you have the oval aeware remotes, they still work!

Quick verification for those of you with the old Aeware oval slots. I needed to get a new head unit since my old one blew up (search for my threads, it has been a fun year). I looked at the fancy new round remotes, but was concerned it would look terrible on the dash in the old oval hole. I wired up the new head unit to the old remote, and the damn thing still works.

So, for confirmation..

The aeware tsc-55 will control a Kenwood KMR-M315BT

There is no school like old school!
    2003 Mobius LSV Gravity Games
    Total Noob running 1100 in the center, 750s in the lockers.
    JL JX360/4 powering 6 Infinity 621m speakers

Quote Originally Posted by bkearney View Post
    Quick verification for those of you with the old Aeware oval slots. I needed to get a new head unit since my old one blew up (search for my threads, it has been a fun year). I looked at the fancy new round remotes, but was concerned it would look terrible on the dash in the old oval hole. I wired up the new head unit to the old remote, and the damn thing still works.

So, for confirmation..

The aeware tsc-55 will control a Kenwood KMR-M315BT

There is no school like old school!
    They are programmed for kenwood ir codes so they will work with almost any kenwood head unit. I am on my 3rd kenwood head unit so far...
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Very good to hear!! How do you like the 315BT ? I was looking at that one because right now I can only use my remotes when it is on standby. Once I switch to an input, they stop working after 2 seconds. Very frustrating. I have the kdc mp242

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2008 LSV. 1100 rear sacs and IBS. ACME prop is next
    Ronix One w/ Parks bindings

I only have the one at the helm and it still works great. I'm also still on my original head unit. I think it's still good because we hardly ever touch it unless the battery has been shut off and have to remember how to get it out of demo mode.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chester View Post
    Very good to hear!! How do you like the 315BT ? I was looking at that one because right now I can only use my remotes when it is on standby. Once I switch to an input, they stop working after 2 seconds. Very frustrating. I have the kdc mp242

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Note, i am not a picky tunes guy. So far, I like it. The only issue so far is that the android pairing is secure using passwords. So, it is not point and go. It sounds good, and connects to the aeware
    2003 Mobius LSV Gravity Games
    Total Noob running 1100 in the center, 750s in the lockers.
    JL JX360/4 powering 6 Infinity 621m speakers