Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Whats everyone working on this season?

Been trying to get shove its down. Last week on my heel side I landed hard on board with elbow and still pretty sore and of course sketchy to do it until it heals. I never skateboarded so I lack the knowledge on flipping board properly lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2013 LSV Red/White

1100lb upgrades in each rear locker!
    Stock 500 Bow ballast
    650IBS
    Manual Flow equipped

Boards
    Hyperlite Hi-Fi "The Illest"
    CWB AMG Carbon
    Phase 5 Razz
    Byerly Volt
    4.6 Ronix Koal Fish
    Phase Five Scamp (kiddos)

Default Re: Whats everyone working on this season?

Quote Originally Posted by icemanftr View Post
    Been trying to get shove its down. Last week on my heel side I landed hard on board with elbow and still pretty sore and of course sketchy to do it until it heals. I never skateboarded so I lack the knowledge on flipping board properly lol

I've been working on shuvits for weeks and have bruises all over my body. Caught the side of my leg the other day and couldn't walk for a few days. I setup a small training area in my back yard just to work on them..
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    I've been working on shuvits for weeks and have bruises all over my body. Caught the side of my leg the other day and couldn't walk for a few days. I setup a small training area in my back yard just to work on them..
    I am going to try and make my own homemade indoboard for that very purpose. People that learn on those swear it makes the surf shuv-its way easier

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    Yeah it's a mother trucker when you come down on board. Been iffy since to try it. So I just been trying to perfect my 720s and watching a lot of Austin Keen videos.

2013 LSV Red/White

1100lb upgrades in each rear locker!
    Stock 500 Bow ballast
    650IBS
    Manual Flow equipped

Boards
    Hyperlite Hi-Fi "The Illest"
    CWB AMG Carbon
    Phase 5 Razz
    Byerly Volt
    4.6 Ronix Koal Fish
    Phase Five Scamp (kiddos)

I've been trying to do a 360 since last March. It really pisses me off. I can't seem to pump back into the wave. By the time I'm back around I'm in the white wash. I'm also super fat so that doesn't help lol

2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

Quote Originally Posted by BrettLee3232 View Post
    I've been trying to do a 360 since last March. It really pisses me off. I can't seem to pump back into the wave. By the time I'm back around I'm in the white wash. I'm also super fat so that doesn't help lol

Try starting a little further back on the wave and build speed towards the boat. You're throwing the spin in the wrong direction and that's why you're losing the wave. Throw your body mass towards the boat instead of towards the lip of the wave. Spin in the bottom of the transition instead of the top of the wave. By the time you're done the spin you will be in position to pump the wave a bit if need be. Hope that helps!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

What do you mean by throwing your weight at the boat? I don't know where I am throwing mine.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Quote Originally Posted by icemanftr View Post
    Yeah it's a mother trucker when you come down on board. Been iffy since to try it. So I just been trying to perfect my 720s and watching a lot of Austin Keen videos.

My brother in law said he thought I was amazing until he watched an Austin video lol, even tagged me on Facebook saying that.

I've been trying to get a 360 shuvit all year, get my 180 shuvs about 75% of the time. Can't get the board to spin enough for the 360, need to get out of the water more. Also struggle with my second 180 shuv to turn the board back around, only get those like 10% lol.

If you're struggling with a shuv I suggest start to spin your body and board frontside into the wake a little before you try to pop it around, not quite 45 degrees. That seems to help me.
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by 5:00 View Post
    What do you mean by throwing your weight at the boat? I don't know where I am throwing mine.
    Just watch where he ends up at the end of his spin. He is behind the lip of the wave. What I mean is, he is throwing his spin and body mass diagonally across the wave. The direction of his momentum needs to be towards the boat.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Default Re: Whats everyone working on this season?

I've been trying to copy this guy I saw on facebook

https://youtu.be/QA4FikrCKr4
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead