Default Swim Platform Pins?

I just had one of the pins holding the platform to my '13 OBV fall out or break. My local marina won't have replacements for a week. I need something to do the job at least for this weekend.

I did not pull the other one to get a measurement, but I am thinking of using a bolt on one side at least as a temp fix.

Anyone know what size will work? I am guessing 3" by ~1/4" and a locking nut of some sort.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I got some nice stainless steel cotter pins at the local Ace for just a few bucks. I was not a fan of the spring loaded pin that was on mine (I assume from the factory) when they failed I learned that the swim deck will float even with a FAE dangling from it.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

Default Swim Platform Pins?

Put stainless bolts with lock nuts on mine.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

I had one pin back out of the platform for the second time. I put stainless steel 1/4 28 with nylock nut. If I'm going to take the swim deck off, it only requires removing to bolts, but it is a great deal safer.
    2007 Moomba LSV

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Not sure that it matters among these three, but we're using the square one. The stiff wire keeps the pin very secure... what should have come from the factory. A bolt would be more permanent, but not any more secure for practical purposes.
    2004 Mobius LS - hooked on footin'
    Former tow: 1986 Chaparral 178 XL, 90hp Merc
    First tow: 197x Glasspar Citation, 135hp Merc

I have to put mine on and then take it off every time out. I like the pins above better than any bolt.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I live in Bostic, NC. I normally boat on lake James in Marion, NC

I have stainless bolt and locknut now. But I used a zip tie ran thru twice. It lasted couple years befor it broke, which was better than those pins ever did.
    2011 Xlv with 325hp and stock Gravity lll