Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

So the 1450's are like another 1000lbs over the 'max surf package' on the Craz. Doesn't seem crazy, but aren't you needing to add bow weight to keep the ratio similar?
    Boatless for now

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    So the 1450's are like another 1000lbs over the 'max surf package' on the Craz. Doesn't seem crazy, but aren't you needing to add bow weight to keep the ratio similar?
    I'm going to keep the factory bags and use them to fine tune. My goal is to make the boat 9000#

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Sorry, I thought that was just assumed that more bow weight was needed. I run an additional 300 on top of the 500 ibs, so 800 in the nose. I've tried 1100 total in the nose, but it doesn't seem to be any improvement in wave length over the 800

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

I don't want to sound like I have it all figured out, but from my research it seems the more you can cram into them the better off you'll be. Makes sense to me that comparable boats weigh every bit of 10k with ballasts while the craz is less than 7k... I can surf behind mine just fine, but you have to be super close

I absolutely think you are correct. My boat is every bit of 8700 lbs before you even consider the passengers. There was a time I had full ballast and 12 passengers, I'm convinced that amount of weight negatively impacted the surf wave though.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Quote Originally Posted by Stimbert View Post
    I don't want to sound like I have it all figured out, but from my research it seems the more you can cram into them the better off you'll be. Makes sense to me that comparable boats weigh every bit of 10k with ballasts while the craz is less than 7k... I can surf behind mine just fine, but you have to be super close

I agree more is better...to a degree. And I also think the Craz is probably closer to 8k when wet and loaded. Isn't it 4200 dry? Add 3k stock ballast, few hundred pounds of fuel, another few hundred pounds of gear, a finally 500lbs of people weight you're easily pushing if not exceeding 8k before adding anything extra.
    Boatless for now

Anyone try having wakemakers custom bags? Would they be cheaper than the ENZO
    2016 Mojo
    2010 Moomba LSV-Sold

Quote Originally Posted by snyderaaron View Post
    Anyone try having wakemakers custom bags? Would they be cheaper than the ENZO
    I was wondering the same. The 1100s are already too wide at 24". The enzo are 25"
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

I am in the market to upgrade my factory ballast on my Craz. I am curious how this turns out. I was sold on the 1100s until reading this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mwcraz View Post
    I am in the market to upgrade my factory ballast on my Craz. I am curious how this turns out. I was sold on the 1100s until reading this thread.

As long as you have the panel savers installed, will it really matter if they're an inch wider? I have the 1100's, but if I had a do over, I'd go enzo's or custom bags. The 1100's are a huge improvement over the stock 650's, but an extra 300 lbs per side is another huge improvement over the 1100's. Personally I am exploring the best way to add more weight, whether it be steel shot or a piggyback system. I am currently supplementing that with a 600 on the floor when crew size permits. The enzo's are quite a bit more money, but you're not really saving any cash if you end up upgrading again later. That's just my 2 cents, but I'm speaking from 97hrs of primarily surfing in my craz.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.