Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

I have a 2015 Mojo and I have found the following to produce the best surf wave for us. We have the surf edition with the bow bag and I've upgrade to 1100lb sacks in the rear lockers. I also upgraded the surf plates to the larger version 2.0. I fill rear locker bags and everything upfront completely full. I took the stock rear locker bags and placed them under the rear seats. Last year I used the Tsunami pump to manually fill the bags under the rear seats. I found that filling the surf side and leaving the non surf side bag empty produced the best wave. We mostly surf on the port side and set surf tab at 65%.
    We found the paddlewheel was about 2 MPH off at surf speeds, based on GPS readings.
    I am about to pull the trigger on getting the bags under the seats plumbed in.
    2015 Mojo
    Autoflow 2.0
    4700 lbs ballast

Quote Originally Posted by PuraVida View Post

Regular wave, 2 people in the boat. Can't get bent out of shape for needing more ballast, the new centurion boats come stock with 5100lbs.! Think about your boat's total weight with ballast, gas, gear, people,etc. The mojo needs at least 8,000lbs. min to have a good wave and more is always better. Most days with crew we ride in the 9-10k range. Compare that to the stock centurion at 10k+ from the factory and you can see why so much weight is required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I really like this comparison, my questions is: I have a 16 craz with the factory 2500 ballast and I am planning on adding more ballast (fly high Enzo 1450#) my concern is when is "too much" weight for safety? The factory recommendations with the factory ballasts is somewhere around 2600# between people and gear. If I add an additional 900# I still feel we will be safe for our usual group but again, when is too much weight?

I have never been floating in a craz but I have had my mojo with 4200lbs of ballast and a crew of 14. Never felt unsafe but never was able to get on plane without dropping ballast, even with an upgraded prop. With an evenly weighted boat, you can handle much more than twice the weight of the old listed setups. We used to list my buddies old Supra till we sunk the rub rail. That setup felt unsafe because it we so tippy when on plane plus the drop nose of the old Supra design was venerable to spearing waves for the inexperienced driver.

2016 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by Stimbert View Post
    I really like this comparison, my questions is: I have a 16 craz with the factory 2500 ballast and I am planning on adding more ballast (fly high Enzo 1450#) my concern is when is "too much" weight for safety? The factory recommendations with the factory ballasts is somewhere around 2600# between people and gear. If I add an additional 900# I still feel we will be safe for our usual group but again, when is too much weight?

I regularly run 4200 lbs of ballast in my craz. I would say it's not even remotely close to the point of making me uncomfortable. It was my girlfriends first year driving a boat, let alone a slammed wake boat, and she never felt like it was unsafe.That boat has a ton of freeboard. My setup would be very similar to the equivalent of enzo sacs. Have you measured the lockers to see how well those bags will fit? I have talked to another guy running the 1450 enzo's in a craz and he said they are a big improvement over 1100's

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Quote Originally Posted by mattsask View Post
    I regularly run 4200 lbs of ballast in my craz. I would say it's not even remotely close to the point of making me uncomfortable. It was my girlfriends first year driving a boat, let alone a slammed wake boat, and she never felt like it was unsafe.That boat has a ton of freeboard. My setup would be very similar to the equivalent of enzo sacs. Have you measured the lockers to see how well those bags will fit? I have talked to another guy running the 1450 enzo's in a craz and he said they are a big improvement over 1100's

Yep, they seem like they will fit perfectly. My plan was to get the 1450s and use the 2 factory ballasts to move around the boat to fine tune so that would be 4400# total. Do you have a picture of your wave with your setup?

Yep, they seem like they will fit perfectly. My plan was to get the 1450s and use the 2 factory ballasts to move around the boat to fine tune so that would be 4400# total. Do you have a picture of your wave with your setup?

I do have a few good pics, but not having the greatest time finding them. The one pic is the goofy wave in about 12' of water. Not riding the back of the wave by any means, but you can see I'm part way up the wave and it's roughly waist high. The other is a pic of the boat at rest with 3700 ish lbs of ballast and a couple passengers. As you can see the boat can handle big weight.

2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Did the pics work? For some reason they're showing up as a broken link, but when I click on them they show up.

2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

As the caption says. That's the wave you'll get from enzo sacs in a craz. Just stumbled on that pic on instagram yesterday. The guy looks to be quite tall. That wave is no joke.

2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Yes they did. You've definitely got my
    wheels turning. 1450s it is! Thanks!

Yes they did. You've definitely got my
    wheels turning. 1450s it is! Thanks!

If you wouldn't mind, let us know exactly how well they fit. I'm sure I'm not the only craz owner on the forum that is on the fence about adding Enzo sacs.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.