Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Quote Originally Posted by c h r i s View Post
    How long did it take you to do this?
    < 2 beer job

I am a complete Newbie, do you think I can do it myself?
    Absolutely

Is it easy to do?
    Yes. Buy a heat gun from Harbour freight <$20. Also, get the wake maker code or call direct and reference this forum. (Probably best to call so you get the correct sized parts). fittings are cheap so I say buy extras so you're prepared for any future mods and not stuck paying shipping again. Probably buy some extra length of pipe too for no more than it costs.

How long does it take to fill all the bags?
    ~15 minutes

Do you leave it filled for the day?
    Nope, just when we are surfing.

I am thinking with all this weight, probably not a good idea to pick the boat up in the boat lift?
    Agreed, I wouldn't do that. I don't like pulling into my slip with any level of ballast in the boat.

How do you judge how much the bags are full as the sensor on the screen must have been built for the original bags and full on 650 is probably different from full on 1100 plus the side bag if attached.
    The %'s on your screen are simply timers and are adjustable. I changed all 3 of my times to the max (I think it was around 22 min) and just turn them off when the front overflow spits and the rear seats start to pop up. You'll start to figure out what %'s your riders like for surf and wake sports and this way you'll rarely need to toggle the fill/empty switches past 100% or 0%.
    thank you for the comments
    2016 Moomba Mondo

I put out old spare 400s under the cabin seats so we can fill them when we need a little more weight with a small crew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

2018 Update for those taking a look- I added the 1100s in the back lockers, plummed in 450 sumo sacs under the side benches (it took me a couple orders from wakemakers to get the right goodies). Plenty of room under the helm and we wrap jackets around the tower to let them dry anyway (besides, it just looks cool). Now with just my wife and 10 year old I have a great wave. It does take the stock pumps some time to fill/drain (10 minutes or more), but worth it. Total cost was bags/fittings/hoses < $1,000.

Don’t wait- add the weight!

Now I’d like to have Moomba come up with trays for the back lockers!?!?

Has anyone tried modifying the tabs themselves? The amount of sideways push Malibu or nautique seams to be a lot more as the moomba’s tabs don’t really go down into the water that far. Seam to affect roll more than sideways kick.
    The tabs have small screwed on runners maybe increasing the size of those? Also here is the tray I made.
    866D3AB9-E1EA-46E3-8FED-6160E4D67FED.jpg
    C87FFC14-DE83-4902-AFA3-29F34168FCAD.jpg
    Last edited by Huyck22; 11-08-2018 at 09:41 PM.
    Schuyler
    2017 Mojo Surf Edition
    Raptor 400
    Red/Silver
    Surf Pipe / Wet Sounds Tower

Quote Originally Posted by Huyck22 View Post
    Has anyone tried modifying the tabs themselves?
    Check this thread out.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....made-surf-tabs

Hi. My front ballast on my mojo surf is not filling. I am new to my boat, so I am assuming that this front sack is the only center ballast in the boat. I am trying to figure out why it is not filling even though both rear locker sacks are filling. the switches are lighting up and there is no water leaking into the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyppy View Post
    Hi. My front ballast on my mojo surf is not filling. I am new to my boat, so I am assuming that this front sack is the only center ballast in the boat. I am trying to figure out why it is not filling even though both rear locker sacks are filling. the switches are lighting up and there is no water leaking into the boat.
    Likely an impeller need to be replaced on the pump. Find the pump and pull the cover off.
    2020 Supra SA

Default 2016 Mojo Surf Setup with Upgraded Rear Ballast

What sonic said. It’s behind the starboard rear locker carpet panel if I remember correct. If not there then the port side. The front runs longer than rears so it can wear out sooner. Even if the impeller looks good it may not be pumping. Need the Green Jabsco to replace.
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE

Also that front bag under the bow fills up from the overflow of the center tank, so it takes about 6 or so min to fill the center tank under the floor then another 6 min or so to fill the bow bag.
    2016 Mojo surf edition
    1100lbs rear w/ 475lbs piggyback mid/ center 700lbs/ 500lbs IBS/ 600 lbs lead
    ACME 2315