Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

That's awesome to hear. That thing should surf like a champ!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Quote Originally Posted by russellsmojo View Post
    You are going to have a better 2017 experience!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PuraVida View Post

Regular wave, 2 people in the boat. Can't get bent out of shape for needing more ballast, the new centurion boats come stock with 5100lbs.! Think about your boat's total weight with ballast, gas, gear, people,etc. The mojo needs at least 8,000lbs. min to have a good wave and more is always better. Most days with crew we ride in the 9-10k range. Compare that to the stock centurion at 10k+ from the factory and you can see why so much weight is required.

I took a little longer look at this photo. Holy smokes that's a wave. I get that the angle helps but wow. I think they superimposed north shore Hawaii behind a boat.

2017 Supra SA

Anyone tried dropping in by jumping off the swim deck while in motion? I've tried it behind my craz a few times. Being so low in the wave truly makes you appreciate the size of these waves and the amount of water our boats displace. The wave is literally chest height from down there. Sorry to get off topic, but that mojo wave brings back good summertime memories.

2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Quote Originally Posted by mattsask View Post
    Anyone tried dropping in by jumping off the swim deck while in motion? I've tried it behind my craz a few times. Being so low in the wave truly makes you appreciate the size of these waves and the amount of water our boats displace. The wave is literally chest height from down there. Sorry to get off topic, but that mojo wave brings back good summertime memories.

I've played with doing this but the closest I have been has been from jumping off the upper deck. I can't get high enough from the swim deck to position the board. I've gotten the board under but my dumb ass can't figure out what to do after that

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by russellsmojo View Post
    I took a little longer look at this photo. Holy smokes that's a wave. I get that the angle helps but wow. I think they superimposed north shore Hawaii behind a boat.

I have to confess that in order to make the best "looking" wave, we turned the boat away from the surf side. The slight away turn makes it steeper and curl harder but I typically don't ride it like that.

2016 Mojo

I have tried it a few times with zero success. It's so awkward jumping back into a wave coming at you. It sounds simple until you stand on the swim platform and try it. Maybe it would work if I weighed less but I think I use that excuse too much when surfing.

2016 Mojo

it's called an acid drop. my daughter does it all the time, especially in early Spring & Fall when she doesn't want to be in the cooler water too much. I probably have a few vids of her doing it. Key is to elevate enough to have time to get the board under your feet and you have to immediately lean forward & pump into the wave or you will just fall out the back. The cold water was motivation for her to learn quickly.

Ill second all of these issues. Upgraded to 1100's for 2017 and going to gps my speedo. 310lbs at 8.7 mph riding my dart 5'6 was all I could get with 750 rears. Wife and kids were fine, slim and trim. We shall see.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
    2015 Mojo

Not that u don't have to be careful but our best curl on 2015 mondo was upgrade to 2015 autoflow 2.0 plates. Custom 3600lbs 8 meat head muscle freaks and 3 fitness gals most likely comming up on 2k of bodies. Proper correctly and on glass a killer curl. Never do this on the new helix due to bow design...all the talk about 50 percent weight here...70 percent port or starboard is false. Displacement ...displacement...displacement. ...all plates at 55 to 60 percent.

If your not fully filling is and adjusting the trim tabs you are cheating yourself.

Freeboard is your friend!

Think what that m235 malibu can take! Freeboard dwarfs most everything out there
    Northern Mondo Owner
    2015 with the Auto Flow