Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

[QUOTE=Stimbert;300606]I don't want to sound like I have it all figured out, but from my research it seems the more you can cram into them the better off you'll be. Makes sense to me that comparable boats weigh every bit of 10k with ballasts while the craz is less than 7k... I can surf behind mine just fine, but you have to be super close

had a 2015 mondo with upgraded 2.0 plates. We had 3550 lbs of ballest. Then we would throw in at least 6 people. Craziest wake from a just plus 20ft boat I seen. Are we saying the Craz and Mojo cant take more? The freeboard I think is far above the Mondo. I noticed with my 2.0 tabs compared to the 1.0 tabs I ran 65% on the 2.0 vs 95% on the 1.0 tabs. Huge difference in wake though. the smaller hull of the Mondo creates a faster transition between divergence and convergence creating additional curl. Now if the Craz had that blue whale bow like the Mondo or Mojo it would be a G21 killer. G21 wakesurf is stupid huge
    Northern Mondo Owner
    2015 with the Auto Flow

Do the 1100s fill all the way? Do you really gain much more over the 900s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Dmoomba View Post
    2016 surf edition moomba- bought it this summer as I assumed the surf issues I was reading about was "rider error"- we had it out each weekend- stock 2500 lbs- spent endless hours trying to dial in, but by end of summer it was the kids/ladies surf boat while the guys used my neighbors wakesetter (also stock). Even with added lead and 1000lb fat sack on the back bench, we called it a 4" wave (need a board 4" longer than we normally ride). My kids are young, my wife thin, so the mojo will work for a few years- but I regret the purchase- I'm 210lbs and am used to a 4'9" board, I need a 5'+ to ride the mojo mid wave! Tricks are out of the question, and endless pumping isn't why I surf!
    Not sure which model you're referring to, but I have the 2016 Craz. I had this same problem with mine all last summer and had been consistently playing with this. I'm 250ish and need to have better push than others to do anything with the surf wave. I kept constantly changing variables of weight varying weight in the nose and changing the surf plate. I was weighting the boat evenly in the tail and relying on people in the boat and the surf plate to provide tilt in the boat while under power. But I recently discovered the problem. In order to get the push you need, you have to drastically list the boat to the surf side. Regardless of the people in the boat, the best way to achieve this is to have the non-surf side not completely full. I didn't even have the plate deployed, but the lack of weight on the opposite (starboard) side put enough of that side (port) of the running surface in the water to give me the push I needed. So before you spend any more money with upgrades, attempt full surf side, 50-75% off, plate 60-70% and 2/3-full nose and see how that turns out. I would hate to see you leave behind such a great boat due to you not being able to have some fun too.
    2016 Craz
    1979 Ski Nautique

When I say plate, I mean the surf tab. I have the center plate completely retracted.
    2016 Craz
    1979 Ski Nautique

So forgive my ignorance but when folks state their percentages of tabs -- do they main the side on or opposite of surf side?
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    So forgive my ignorance but when folks state their percentages of tabs -- do they main the side on or opposite of surf side?
    When you select surf port, it deploys the tab on the opposite side of the boat. This allows you to do just as the switch indicates, "surf port".... it should be very obvious. Adjust port settings to surf port.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

We have 100 hours primarily surfing on my 2016 CRAZ. I added the wakemakers brand enzo sac to the starboard/goofy side, kept the 1100 in the port and filled everything up. For the first time ever I have a clean wave on the goofy side and I can surf about 20 feet behind the boat compared to the 5 ft I was getting before. I will probably go for the enzo sac on the port side next, it was such an improvement. The port side stays clean evenly weighted for me, but the starboard side needs a few degrees of listing in my opinion. I haven't added any to the bow, but I plan to try a 400lb free sac up there next time we go out.
    2016 Moomba Craz

Boards:
    Day 1 Wake Payne Killer
    Doomswell Drone 4'10"
    Phase 5 Diamond
    Hyperlite Quad
    Lakewakes Hooligan
    Phase 5 grom
    CWB Razr

Tubes:
    Sombrero
    Bandwagon

Quote Originally Posted by Jjdyn0mite View Post
    We have 100 hours primarily surfing on my 2016 CRAZ. I added the wakemakers brand enzo sac to the starboard/goofy side, kept the 1100 in the port and filled everything up. For the first time ever I have a clean wave on the goofy side and I can surf about 20 feet behind the boat compared to the 5 ft I was getting before. I will probably go for the enzo sac on the port side next, it was such an improvement. The port side stays clean evenly weighted for me, but the starboard side needs a few degrees of listing in my opinion. I haven't added any to the bow, but I plan to try a 400lb free sac up there next time we go out.
    I agree, it definitely needs a few hundred more pounds on goofy side if you want it to clean up. I just finished installing my wakemakers enzo bags yesterday. Can't wait to get it in the water. I've got to say though, the quality of the wakemakers bags is a bit questionable. I ordered a pair the enzo's and they have completely different port patterns and one bag has 6 ports, while the other only has 4. The seams are nowhere near as neat. I also had to replace my ballast hoses because the ports were in a different location than the fly high 1100's I had previously. That being said, I got a bit of a bargain on them so I'm not complaining.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

i run the 1100's rearbags and i guess 650's front, plus the IBS. i fill everything up and place people to list the boat a little. portside wave is great, but starboard is washing out, when not to many people on the boat. no i am thinking to us the stock ballast bags under the seat and fill them with the tsunami pump. i think this is the easiest way to just fill them up when needed. has anyone ever done this? how did this work for you?
    Moomba Mojo 2016

I'm thinking about buying lead weight instead. This way I can save my storage underneath my seats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 Mojo
    2010 Moomba LSV-Sold