Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Angry Settings

Quote Originally Posted by russellsmojo View Post
    So all your bags are still factory? What settings have provided the best wave? I have 200 pound rookies surfing mine. Maybe we can help so you can enjoy the nice boat you bought. Also, have you checked speed against gps? Mine was off 2mph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For the kids, we fill up the whole ballast, tabs full and plate 75%. I haven't checked the speedo, but will for sure. We are +/- 10 mph a half. For the kids/wife it's fine. When I ride with the family I use the trusty 5'2" O'Brien Haze, I only put 50% in the front and 80% starboard ballasts, but 100% on the plate to get consistent push- leaving me unfortunately dang close to the boat if I just want to relax vs thrash/pump.

I will upgrade the back bags to 1100s (are there bigger options that fit?) and check the speedo. I saw that the stock bags don't fit under the seats cleanly, but I could manipulate the fill % to make them work.

Sadly, for a $70k "surf" boat to need aftermarket, rigged under seat ballast and 4000lbs to be reliably usable is an epic fail. My friend has a 2004 Nautique that he surfs with less weight and drama. Regrets? I have a $70k one.

I'm another one that doesn't understand the Mojo struggles. I found it to be pretty straight forward.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by Dmoomba View Post
    For the kids, we fill up the whole ballast, tabs full and plate 75%. I haven't checked the speedo, but will for sure. We are +/- 10 mph a half. For the kids/wife it's fine. When I ride with the family I use the trusty 5'2" O'Brien Haze, I only put 50% in the front and 80% starboard ballasts, but 100% on the plate to get consistent push- leaving me unfortunately dang close to the boat if I just want to relax vs thrash/pump.

I will upgrade the back bags to 1100s (are there bigger options that fit?) and check the speedo. I saw that the stock bags don't fit under the seats cleanly, but I could manipulate the fill % to make them work.

Sadly, for a $70k "surf" boat to need aftermarket, rigged under seat ballast and 4000lbs to be reliably usable is an epic fail. My friend has a 2004 Nautique that he surfs with less weight and drama. Regrets? I have a $70k one.
    What do you mean by tabs full? Are you surfing regular or goofy? I don't have rigged under seat ballast or 4k lbs and I can surf without any issue. Same with everyone that has been on the boat. Bigger than 1100s isn't going to fit and it's not necessary.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Very few boats come from the factory with an epic wave. Even the 160K boats need tweaking and additional weight. Mojo has a fantastic surf wave. Take a deep breath, listen to what the others on this forum are telling you and go enjoy your boat. I can assure you once it's dialed in your friend with the antique Nautique will surfing your boat not his.

Shane
    2016 Supra SE
    EXILED
    6 XM9 Tower
    6 Wetsounds XS650 Cabin
    1 EXILE BIG 12 DVC 2000 watt in a ported box
    1 XM 15.4
    XI 1500.1
    2 MX 30.2
    Wetsounds 420 EQ
    EXILE Blue tooth EXBT4
    Blue LEDs

Default 2016 Mojo Surf Setup with Upgraded Rear Ballast

Go look at overall boat weight for the manufacturers you mentioned and you will see that mojo simply needs more weight. Mojo is about 2k pounds light compared to g23 and factory ballast is 2,900 compared to mojo 2,500. That's a huge difference (2,400 pounds). I have friends with malibu's they all need more bow weight which makes seats not useable so there goes family boat.
    It's already been said but you can add a lot of ballast and be less than 130k for g23. This is just a silly comparison.

This also sounds like a dealer fail to me. Did you get a test drive? Did you ride it? Did they have settings known to work? Moomba does need to know their dealers could help this situation out a bunch at point of sale.

2017 Supra SA

We attend a few surf competitions throughout the year and often compete behind boats that cost quite a bit more than your Mojo and they all require additional weight beyond what comes out of the factory.

Get a different board too., should be able to speed up to 11.2 and flatten plate a bit to get more space. If you get the he 1100s you'll need bow weight of 650 , if not 750s should do the trick to get you surfing at a fair distance.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Regular wave, 2 people in the boat. Can't get bent out of shape for needing more ballast, the new centurion boats come stock with 5100lbs.! Think about your boat's total weight with ballast, gas, gear, people,etc. The mojo needs at least 8,000lbs. min to have a good wave and more is always better. Most days with crew we ride in the 9-10k range. Compare that to the stock centurion at 10k+ from the factory and you can see why so much weight is required.

2016 Mojo

Thanks all for the intel- spoke with the dealer and they are installing the 1100s- they felt stock bow/mid was adequate with the 1100s. I also got the dealer to commit to getting a rep out to my lake once all is installed- will update once it's all completed- in the spring!

Thanks all for the intel- spoke with the dealer and they are installing the 1100s- they felt stock bow/mid was adequate with the 1100s. I also got the dealer to commit to getting a rep out to my lake once all is installed- will update once it's all completed- in the spring!
    You are going to have a better 2017 experience!!

2017 Supra SA