Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Update- added the 1100s, and while it made a dramatic difference, I had the dealer on the lake with my wife and me, and it took us over an hour to get a good port wave- only 500 lbs in bodies- we ended up with the following settings: port bag full, starboard 75% and we only fill the center 50% (popping a wheelie!), tabs 65, run plate all the way up at 11 mph. Wave is a bit in and out, but generally surfable.

Sooo... I added a 450 lb sac on the surf side, fill backs full and center 75%, all else the same. Now I have a wave that I can be proud of even with a small crew. Add in some buds and the wave is even better. Sure, manually filling/draining a sac is a pain (often a wet mess), but vs a Wakesetter/Natique it's worth the $30-50k I saved, and spilling a beer on a moomba isn't the end of a future invite. If someone has a good link to DIY plum in extra bag to a moomba, please share!

We still do tend to take out my neighbors wakesetter or nautique for surf sessions as their waves are epic, but for a lot less $ I'm in the game.

All-in-all, I would have paid more up front for the right ballast set up. Seems like Moomba should add weight to the standard boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmoomba View Post
    All-in-all, I would have paid more up front for the right ballast set up. Seems like Moomba should add weight to the standard boat.
    Being new to surfing, I just wish someone would have told me to add 1800 lbs of ballast up front. It would have saved me some frustration initially. Thankfully, this forum gave me all the answers I needed.
    2015 Mojo

Update- added the 1100s, and while it made a dramatic difference, I had the dealer on the lake with my wife and me, and it took us over an hour to get a good port wave- only 500 lbs in bodies- we ended up with the following settings: port bag full, starboard 75% and we only fill the center 50% (popping a wheelie!), tabs 65, run plate all the way up at 11 mph. Wave is a bit in and out, but generally surfable.

Sooo... I added a 450 lb sac on the surf side, fill backs full and center 75%, all else the same. Now I have a wave that I can be proud of even with a small crew. Add in some buds and the wave is even better. Sure, manually filling/draining a sac is a pain (often a wet mess), but vs a Wakesetter/Natique it's worth the $30-50k I saved, and spilling a beer on a moomba isn't the end of a future invite. If someone has a good link to DIY plum in extra bag to a moomba, please share!

We still do tend to take out my neighbors wakesetter or nautique for surf sessions as their waves are epic, but for a lot less $ I'm in the game.

Do away with the extra bag and grab some lead. Much easier to deal with and you do not lose any of your storage space. Lots and lots of us running lead or steel shot in our boats on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Shane
    2016 Supra SE
    EXILED
    6 XM9 Tower
    6 Wetsounds XS650 Cabin
    1 EXILE BIG 12 DVC 2000 watt in a ported box
    1 XM 15.4
    XI 1500.1
    2 MX 30.2
    Wetsounds 420 EQ
    EXILE Blue tooth EXBT4
    Blue LEDs

I bit the bullet. Ordered Enzo's today for my 15 mojo. Anyone running these on mojo. What autoflow settings seem to work best? Currently running 1000 lb sumo max at 60% auto on port side, 11.2 mph, center 75%, plate 50%. Never had an issue, but read too much on this forum.. ha. Bigger wave and extra push not a bad thing

Quote Originally Posted by Yobrandon View Post
    Ill second all of these issues. Upgraded to 1100's for 2017 and going to gps my speedo. 310lbs at 8.7 mph riding my dart 5'6 was all I could get with 750 rears. Wife and kids were fine, slim and trim. We shall see.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
    We ride my xlv and friends mojo at11.2 mph. 8.7 won't get u much
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

What did you do with your old bags? Another $30-$40 in fittings/excess pipe and you can plumb your old bags under the seats into each of the 1100s. You won't be able to fill them 100% as they're too big but it should improve and level your ride. Just make sure the under seat bags are situated correctly when they're empty so you can burp the air the first time you fill them.
    2013 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by wetfly112 View Post
    What autoflow settings seem to work best? Currently running 1000 lb sumo max at 60% auto on port side, 11.2 mph, center 75%, plate 50%.
    I run ~1300lbs port, ~800lbs starboard, center and IBS full. Surf @60% (or 80, can't remember for sure). Wakeplate up. 10.3mph. I did GPS check to adjust. Boat had 2mph offset for some reason. Removed it and matched GPS.

I have no prob surfing, even when just my wife and 2 little kiddos. Even better with other adults along.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2015 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by c h r i s View Post
    What did you do with your old bags? Another $30-$40 in fittings/excess pipe and you can plumb your old bags under the seats into each of the 1100s. You won't be able to fill them 100% as they're too big but it should improve and level your ride. Just make sure the under seat bags are situated correctly when they're empty so you can burp the air the first time you fill them.
    I first was manually filling the stock bags, but it was a pain draining with my sumo pump- the bag was not full and fittings seemed counter-intuitive. So I bought the 450 sumo bags- a plus is they fit filled under the seats. Easier to fill and empty manually...

Is there a diagram/site that'd show this accountant how to plum them in myself? I can't find a good one online.

Is there a diagram/site that'd show this accountant how to plum them in myself? I can't find a good one online.
    I'll shoot some pics of my setup tomorrow when we get to the lake.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2013 Mojo