Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

I recently started filling a 650lb bag on the floor with a tsunami pump. I roll the bag to whatever side we are trying to surf on. It has greatly improved my wave. I only use it when we have a small crew size of 4 or less because it is in the way and she hardly gets on plane. I am also running 1100 rears with 400s piggy-backed under the seats, center tank and ibs full. Total weight is 4850 lbs but there is no way the 1100s fll all the way since they don't fit very well. If I had it to do over I would get the 1450lb Enzo sacs. The piggy backed setup is a pain.

I recently discovered that I had my surf tabs deployed too far and it took away from the steepness, push, and wave lip. I was running 70% on the port side but switched to 40-45% depending on crew location.

The extra weight and tab setting changes has allowed me to surf faster. Going faster has made the wave longer and much easier to boost airs above the well defined lip. I was surfing at 10.5 and now surf at 11.3 on the gps. I feel like I finally have the wave I was hoping for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by PuraVida; 05-15-2017 at 03:56 PM.
    2016 Mojo

That thing is slammed, holy! Just tested out my enzo's for the first time this weekend. They are awesome and completely fill the entire storage compartment on my craz. Would be perfect in a mojo!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Quote Originally Posted by MMPRES View Post
    Not sure which model you're referring to, but I have the 2016 Craz. I had this same problem with mine all last summer and had been consistently playing with this. I'm 250ish and need to have better push than others to do anything with the surf wave. I kept constantly changing variables of weight varying weight in the nose and changing the surf plate. I was weighting the boat evenly in the tail and relying on people in the boat and the surf plate to provide tilt in the boat while under power. But I recently discovered the problem. In order to get the push you need, you have to drastically list the boat to the surf side. Regardless of the people in the boat, the best way to achieve this is to have the non-surf side not completely full. I didn't even have the plate deployed, but the lack of weight on the opposite (starboard) side put enough of that side (port) of the running surface in the water to give me the push I needed. So before you spend any more money with upgrades, attempt full surf side, 50-75% off, plate 60-70% and 2/3-full nose and see how that turns out. I would hate to see you leave behind such a great boat due to you not being able to have some fun too.
    True!! We love ours. I'm finally getting it dialed in. I do want 1100s though. Here's a video of my son this past weekend. He was loving his 1st rope less turn.

2016 MOJO

Quote Originally Posted by mcrick View Post
    True!! We love ours. I'm finally getting it dialed in. I do want 1100s though. Here's a video of my son this past weekend. He was loving his 1st rope less turn.

Couldn't post video, so just used picture. That's with only 2 people in boat and all ballast full.
    2016 MOJO

Mmmm. That water looks delicious. Nice and chocolaty!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Mmmm. That water looks delicious. Nice and chocolaty!
    gotta love Oklahoma!
    2016 MOJO

Quote Originally Posted by mcrick View Post
    gotta love Oklahoma!
    That lake and boat look familiar. Is that Lake Arcadia? If so I have a 2016 Craz with a similar color. We have been out the past two weekends. Great looking boat!

That was us.. good looking CRAZ. We'll have to meet next time! I think we are going this Sunday too
    2016 MOJO

Sounds great! We could be there depending on the weather.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mwcraz View Post
    Sounds great! We could be there depending on the weather.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    that's no joke.... especially right now. Looks like sunny and close to 80.
    2016 MOJO