Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Default 2016 Mojo Surf Setup with Upgraded Rear Ballast

I've seen a few threads about a lack of push from the 2016 Mojo and I have some questions from those who have tried similar setups.

We upgraded to 1100's in the back lockers completely full with completely full front/IBS. Wake plate up and 2 adult males on surf side. Typical water depth between 15-37 feet. 10.5 miles/hr

I've found that with this setup, I can get pretty good wave size and push on the port surf side, but the starboard side only gives sufficient push when you're surfing super close to the boat. If you get anymore than 6 feet behind the boat, it loses all push and you fall out the back.

We've tried adjusting the surf plate, wake plate, and ballast in the rear non surf side but still can't get the wave to lengthen with any push. We've even messed with the front ballast as well. With a total of water ballast weight of 3200 lbs, I feel like we should be getting a better wave.

Has anyone tried converting the 650 lb bags they took out after upgrading and adding them to surf side with any luck?

IMG_1658.jpg
    Attached is a pic of my starboard wave. 10.8mph, plate 100% up, tab @ 100% for starboard, 65% for port. You can piggy back the stock 650s under the seats and just accept that they won't fit well and can't fill all the way. I added 400s under the seats in addition to 1100s in the rear lockers. Makes a big difference when ridding with a small crew. Only two people in the boat when the pic was taken.
    2016 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by PuraVida View Post
    IMG_1658.jpg
    Attached is a pic of my starboard wave. 10.8mph, plate 100% up, tab @ 100% for starboard, 65% for port. You can piggy back the stock 650s under the seats and just accept that they won't fit well and can't fill all the way. I added 400s under the seats in addition to 1100s in the rear lockers. Makes a big difference when ridding with a small crew. Only two people in the boat when the pic was taken.
    Still looking for a wave. 😉

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2013 LSV Red/White

1100lb upgrades in each rear locker!
    Stock 500 Bow ballast
    650IBS
    Manual Flow equipped

Boards
    Hyperlite Hi-Fi "The Illest"
    CWB AMG Carbon
    Phase 5 Razz
    Byerly Volt
    4.6 Ronix Koal Fish
    Phase Five Scamp (kiddos)

I also run 1100 in the rear. Rear, IBS and center full. For the goofy wake i have the following setup: Wakeplate all the way up, tab 100% for starboard surfing and 60-70% for portside surfing. I place 2 people on surfside i get great push and pretty good length. The only trouble i have is that the wave washes out from time to time. Don't know yet how to fix that. Starboardwave is easy to dial in. Everything full wakeplate at 50%. About 10 mph for both sides.
    Last edited by philnizz; 08-02-2016 at 12:57 PM.
    Moomba Mojo 2016

2016 surf edition moomba- bought it this summer as I assumed the surf issues I was reading about was "rider error"- we had it out each weekend- stock 2500 lbs- spent endless hours trying to dial in, but by end of summer it was the kids/ladies surf boat while the guys used my neighbors wakesetter (also stock). Even with added lead and 1000lb fat sack on the back bench, we called it a 4" wave (need a board 4" longer than we normally ride). My kids are young, my wife thin, so the mojo will work for a few years- but I regret the purchase- I'm 210lbs and am used to a 4'9" board, I need a 5'+ to ride the mojo mid wave! Tricks are out of the question, and endless pumping isn't why I surf!

Quote Originally Posted by Dmoomba View Post
    2016 surf edition moomba- bought it this summer as I assumed the surf issues I was reading about was "rider error"- we had it out each weekend- stock 2500 lbs- spent endless hours trying to dial in, but by end of summer it was the kids/ladies surf boat while the guys used my neighbors wakesetter (also stock). Even with added lead and 1000lb fat sack on the back bench, we called it a 4" wave (need a board 4" longer than we normally ride). My kids are young, my wife thin, so the mojo will work for a few years- but I regret the purchase- I'm 210lbs and am used to a 4'9" board, I need a 5'+ to ride the mojo mid wave! Tricks are out of the question, and endless pumping isn't why I surf!
    So all your bags are still factory? What settings have provided the best wave? I have 200 pound rookies surfing mine. Maybe we can help so you can enjoy the nice boat you bought. Also, have you checked speed against gps? Mine was off 2mph.

Last edited by russellsmojo; 11-14-2016 at 04:45 PM.
    2017 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by Dmoomba View Post
    I agree to check the speed and you absolutely need to put 1100s in the rears as the stock don't even cut it for the craz. Every foot backwards of those rear seats is going to dramatically add to the ramp and push to your wave. And even try and dump some of the front bag. I wouldn't quit on it just yet but I will say you def need more weight better distributed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by icemanftr View Post
    Still looking for a wave. ��
    Me too . . .

Why does the mojo surf wave seem so illusive? It seems some guys have it dialed and some guys are totally fed up with trying. The thing is built for surfing, it shouldn't be this difficult. I mean, it should at least be surfable from factory. Makes me think there could be some kind of issue with the way the tabs are mounted on a certain batch of boats. Maybe I'm grasping at straws here, but I feel like someone from moomba should step in with some assistance. Sure seems like there are quite a few unhappy mojo customers.

OP let's see a wave pic!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

I wonder how many moomba owners that don't even visit this forum think that their stock wave is the best it's going to get lol.

Bag that shit already & stop complaining. 1100 rears and 375 under port seat. GPS your speed and get the surf tabs around 60-65%. Boom Boom

2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers