Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Next the locking swivel went on. The LSV has a sloped fiberglass mount to tip the seat back for your driving pleasure, I would encourage not to mess with your driving pleasure, after all, that's the point of having a boat like this right?? The nylon spacers worked well for this application - 1) they will not rust/corrode/incur galvanic action, 2) they are very easy to modify to shape. The 1/4-20x0.75" hardware was used on the front two mount holes and the longer 1.5" with two spacers on each side were used in the rear two mounting holes. The top spacer on each side was ground to an angle to match the mating swivel plate. (see next two pictures). I used Nyloc nuts here simply because I didn't want vibrations to loosen over time, especially the front two bolts since the slide and swivel do not meet flat together and space was at a premium to not interfere with the slide mechanism.

Now the fun part. Pick the heavy floor back up, lift into the boat, and reinstall without damaging precious vinyl. Have I mentioned yet that the floor is heavy? Once the floor was in place again, I switched to mounting the aluminum plate to the bottom of the seat. I was sweating the detail of whether or not the seat would be able to swivel without hitting the outside starboard wall, well actually I was sweating from the 97* NC heat, but concerned about the space requirement too.

The seat plate was pretty straight forward, I re drilled the two front seat holes about 1-1.5" further aft to fit the 12"x12" plate, plenty of stock in the seat to do that. Four 5/16" bolts, larger fender washers to distribute load, lock washers, and nuts - you get the idea. At this point, referencing how everything was mounted before, I assumed the seat would have to move towards the center line of the boat if it had to go anywhere, so I offset the aluminum plate towards the starboard side thus giving me more maneuvering room later in the assembly process.

Now, back to sweating... the position of the seat on the swivel. Yeah OK, the NC heat too. I basically lifted the seat into position and tested it at 0* and 90* and once I was happy, traced the outline of the swivel on the aluminum plate. Here is the finished product, minus the seat.

2008 OBV
    325 EFI with closed cooling
    Gravity III with 750's in the rear, 400 stock floor, 750 IBS
    Servo valve ballast upgrade
    Wetsounds Rev10
    JL Amps, WS420BT

2000 Outback LS <-- Sold!!!
    310 Carb Direct Drive
    800# Rear Locker
    750# IBS (should have kept this for the OBV)
    Dual Batteries with 2 Bank Charger System
    Kenwood Head with Remotes
    Too many hours restoring exterior from prior negligence to count!

Overall I am extremely happy with the install. I have roughly 5" of front to back travel and 90* of rotation. To get more rotation I could have moved the plate farther forward on the swivel to get it away from the throttle wall when rotated, however, at 6' 2" I wanted as much leg room as I could manage which encouraged me to mount the seat all the way back on the swivel as much as I could stand. The only reason I would consider changing it would be to be able to turn around 180* and put my feet up on the starboard seat during lounging time. The back of the seat touches the window trim just barely at 90*, but has to be slid all the way back to get there in order to miss the throttle. I was planning on leaving 1/4" gap but forgot about the tilting back (remember? don't mess with your driving pleasure) so when I added the spacers back in the mix, it kicked the seat back a bit more than I expected. Here are some pictures to show the seat positions and clearances.

Almost forgot, it did add height - no way around that. I did not measure it, however, I would say it added between 2-3" overall. Driving before I used to look under the windshield frame for the most part, now I definitely look over it. It's less than if I had the seat bolster in the up position. This mod has all but eliminated the seat bolster need for me, my wife may still use it though.

All the way forward:

All the way back:

45*:

90*:
    2008 OBV
    Wetsounds Rev10
    JL Amps, WS420BT

310 Carb Direct Drive
    800# Rear Locker

Clearance to throttle:

Just touching at 90* rotation:
    2008 OBV
    Wetsounds Rev10
    JL Amps, WS420BT

310 Carb Direct Drive
    800# Rear Locker

Thanks for taking the time to repost and fix the pictures. Swivel captain's chair is going on the winter to-do list right now.
    - John

2002 Outback LSV

"A towel, it says, is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitch hiker can have."

Quote Originally Posted by jnb0y View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to repost and fix the pictures. Swivel captain's chair is going on the winter to-do list right now.
    No problem at all. Looks like I may have to do it again since photo bucket is getting greedy with their paid subscriptions. I moved my picture collection to Imgur bit looks like PB free is still working for me so far...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    2008 OBV
    Wetsounds Rev10
    JL Amps, WS420BT

310 Carb Direct Drive
    800# Rear Locker

Great install

Any one have any luck with this setup

http://www.garelick.com/Low-Profile-...Locking-Swivel
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I looked at that one. It was significantly more expensive and it's confusing how it's advertised. The picture shows it all together but you have to buy 2 part numbers to get slide and swivel. Each one is almost 4" tall, so you wind up with 8" of height addition. I couldn't afford all of that.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    2008 OBV
    Wetsounds Rev10
    JL Amps, WS420BT

310 Carb Direct Drive
    800# Rear Locker