Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Family Trip to Norris Lake

My family takes boating trip and four wheeling trip every year to Kentucky lake every year. This Year a tornado Closed down turkey bay riding park.
    So my family is doing a four wheeling trip to Ride Royal Blue in Pioneer TN.

Norris lake looks close to the riding park they are going to be at.
    So my wife, kids and I were thinking of Pulling the boat to Norris lake and renting a condo or cabin on the lake and stay for a few days at the same time they are down there.

Is anyone familiar with Norris lake and best place to stay to be close to Pioneer Tn. So we can visit family at the riding park?
    2007 supra 21v

Norris is an awesome lake and well worth the visit. We have stayed on the lake a few times and they even have floating houses at some of the marina's that are really cool. I can't offer you a lot of advice on the where to stay part aside from Shanghai has a nice hotel right on the water we have stayed out and that is a nice marina as well.

As for the riding park we used to always ride at Daniel Boone national forrest but I've never been to Pioneer.
    2009 MOOMBA XLV 23
    1996 MB SPORTS BOSS 210
    1992 CARAVELLE FISH&SKI 1750

Did you post something on the Supra site? There are some Norris guys over there.

I have yet to take my boat on that lake.

I was just looking at some surfing pics on Facebook from friends, water looks really clean!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by wolff supra21v View Post
    My family takes boating trip and four wheeling trip every year to Kentucky lake every year. This Year a tornado Closed down turkey bay riding park.

So my wife, kids and I were thinking of Pulling the boat to Norris lake and renting a condo or cabin on the lake and stay for a few days at the same time they are down there.

Is anyone familiar with Norris lake and best place to stay to be close to Pioneer Tn. So we can visit family at the riding park?
    You will want to stay on the North Side of the lake as this will be the closest to Royal Blue. What dates are you going down? We have some openings at our condo in August. It sleeps 9 and has a covered slip and parking for trailers in the overflow lot. Google shows just under 30 miles from door step to door step. There are other marinas closer to the freeway like Twin Cove, Whitmans Hollow and Indian River. We are back by Sugar Hollow and Deerfield Resort. Here is our website www.norrislakecondo.com there are some links to the marina and other sites.

During the week you will find great water everwhere, on the weekends it will get busy close to the marina, but you can find a cove to board in.

nice to see the Moomba included in the pics!

Quote Originally Posted by wolff supra21v View Post

I live in Lexington, KY but I am from Tennessee and grew up on Norris Lake. We make the 2 hour drive down to Norris every weekend to hit the lake. Feel free to text me at 606-499-6909 and I'll assist. Best lake around!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Choward2003 View Post
    I live in Lexington, KY but I am from Tennessee and grew up on Norris Lake. We make the 2 hour drive down to Norris every weekend to hit the lake. Feel free to text me at 606-499-6909 and I'll assist. Best lake around!!!

That must be 2 hours not towing as I have a hard time making it from Richmond, KY to our condo in 2 hours. Do you make it over towards the jump bridge? There will be a bunch of moomba and Supra boat there this weekend.

Where is the jump bridge?

2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by patrick232 View Post
    That must be 2 hours not towing as I have a hard time making it from Richmond, KY to our condo in 2 hours. Do you make it over towards the jump bridge? There will be a bunch of moomba and Supra boat there this weekend.
    We live out at the Bull golf course in Richmond. I leave my boat down there at a marina and I can make it in 2 hours if I don't stop. We go on the east side of Norris lake to Norris Landing. Which jump bridge are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Choward2003 View Post
    We live out at the Bull golf course in Richmond. I leave my boat down there at a marina and I can make it in 2 hours if I don't stop. We go on the east side of Norris lake to Norris Landing. Which jump bridge are you talking about?

May have to get a Central Kentucky chapter together. We live in Lexington and make the trip to Norris every weekend. We have a place at Cedar Grove. Spend a majority of our time on the area of the lake between Beach Island and Norris Landing. If you see us out in blue/white OBV stop and have a beer with us.
    Camden
    Norris Lake

2012 Outback V
    2006 Party Barge 20' sold
    1991 Sea Ray 170 sold