Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSaQWvq-3CM

Here is some footage of me trying to surf on our 2016 Mojo. I really suck and am open to pointers haha. Just learned how to get up on a wakeboard and wakesurf board about 3 weeks ago, so I'm still learning how to control the board. I have a hard time finding the sweet spot and staying on it so I can throw the rope back.

Personally while I'm on the wave it looks pretty big to me, but like I said... I'm new and don't really know better haha. This is full stock ballast with 4 adults on the boat while I'm out on the line. Do we need more weight to get a better sweet spot or what?

I have a '15 Mojo with auto flow1.0. I too was underwhelmed by the surf wave, even after upgrading to 1100s in the lockers. However, once I added additional bags under rear seats, it was a whole new world.

I basically plumbed in my stock 650 bags under the seats and I fill those as much as the space will allow. Here's what worked for me on regular (port) side:

-Fill center tank and IBS 100%
    -Fill port side 1100 and under seat (as much as space allows)
    -Fill starboard side about 75% of the port side
    -Auto surf at 90%
    -Wake plate all the way up
    10.3-10.7 mph (verified by GPS)

I can surf a ways back and there's great push, even with just wife and 2 little ones. I think the bottom line is that you need to slam that thing. Downside, is storage, which is why I'm looking at nets and trays as described elsewhere on the forum.
    2015 Mojo

Default 2015 Surf Edition - Wakesurf Set Up Opinions

Quote Originally Posted by wetfly112 View Post
    What is ur setup to get to 4200 lbs?
    500 ibs, 700 in floor, 1100's in the rear, 250 under bow filler, 600 in front of rear seat. Next season I'll be using lead or steel under the side seats in place of the 600 on the floor.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Quote Originally Posted by jeamk03 View Post
    I have a '15 Mojo with auto flow1.0. I too was underwhelmed by the surf wave, even after upgrading to 1100s in the lockers. However, once I added additional bags under rear seats, it was a whole new world.

I basically plumbed in my stock 650 bags under the seats and I fill those as much as the space will allow. Here's what worked for me on regular (port) side:

-Fill center tank and IBS 100%
    -Fill port side 1100 and under seat (as much as space allows)
    -Fill starboard side about 75% of the port side
    -Auto surf at 90%
    -Wake plate all the way up
    10.3-10.7 mph (verified by GPS)

I can surf a ways back and there's great push, even with just wife and 2 little ones. I think the bottom line is that you need to slam that thing. Downside, is storage, which is why I'm looking at nets and trays as described elsewhere on the forum.
    How do you fill the stock 650 bags under the seats? We surf goofy. I assume the opposite would also work?
    Paul
    2015 Mojo, Surf Edition
    Lake Texoma

2016 surf edition with 1,100 rear bags. Here are my settings.

Goofy= surf side full, non surf 80 percent. Center 55% to 60%. Surf tab at 90. Wake plate up all the way. Cruise says 11.5 but gps says 10.6. Need to adjust next time I have a few minutes but really do not care.

Regular- same bag setup but opposite. Surf tab at 85.

Wave is really good. More weight and proper distribution would be better. G23 has one of the best waves out there. Go look at the dry boat weight. Helps make sense that more properly distributed weight means better wave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by pdhj1990 View Post
    How do you fill the stock 650 bags under the seats? We surf goofy. I assume the opposite would also work?
    I tapped into the fill/drain line on the 1100s. Just adds time to you fill/drain time. Here's some info from others:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=28524

Haven't surfed the goofy side yet because I just plumbed it in the other day. Per others, does help.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    2015 Mojo

2015 OBV
    I am as well having the same problems as most of you.
    I am completely frustrated I just recently bought 2 540 pound fat sacs and the pump it is an ugly mess on the boat
    I was thinking about adding 1100 pound on the left side because I surf Goofy.
    Does anyone have any ideas on how to clean this up and get a wake that I could surf more than 8 Seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by fullmetalheart View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSaQWvq-3CM

Here is some footage of me trying to surf on our 2016 Mojo. I really suck and am open to pointers haha. Just learned how to get up on a wakeboard and wakesurf board about 3 weeks ago, so I'm still learning how to control the board. I have a hard time finding the sweet spot and staying on it so I can throw the rope back.

Personally while I'm on the wave it looks pretty big to me, but like I said... I'm new and don't really know better haha. This is full stock ballast with 4 adults on the boat while I'm out on the line. Do we need more weight to get a better sweet spot or what?
    Wave looks good to me. As far as pointers, far from an expert (there are some of those on this forum tho), but heres what has worked for us trying to teach newbies. Front foot needs to be much closer toward the wake and it looks like you have way too much pressure on your back foot. For beginners, I tell em to try to touch the wake with back hand to get the board pointed in the right direction. When trying to speed up, don't push down with front foot, but more slide both thighs toward the front of the board. Heres a couple pics of my son to see foot placement.....he was where you were at two years ago. Hope it helps. Good luck.

2011 Mobius LSV, V2 Tower, 1100lbs regular side,
    750lbs goofy, 370lbs ski locker, 750lbs bow,
    flow surf (don't use it thanks to suck gate)

Quote Originally Posted by russellsmojo View Post

Goofy= surf side full, non surf 80 percent. Center 55% to 60%. Surf tab at 90. Wake plate up all the way. Cruise says 11.5 but gps says 10.6. Need to adjust next time I have a few minutes but really do not care.

Wave is really good. More weight and proper distribution would be better. G23 has one of the best waves out there. Go look at the dry boat weight. Helps make sense that more properly distributed weight means better wave.

We used this suggested set up. The goofy wave was much improved, especially for my lightweight daughter.
    I'm thinking about ordering custom bags to add weight under the seats vs connecting bags to our 1,100s.
    I appreciate all the advice.
    Paul
    2015 Mojo, Surf Edition
    Lake Texoma

Quote Originally Posted by russellsmojo View Post

My preferred setup is similar. Our only differences ....

I'm closer to 50-60% ballast non surfside. On regular, port, flow plate i run at 60-65%.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded