Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Does anyone know where "Rope Swing Cove" is on the Metolius Arm of Lake Billy Chinook

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    So the grade down into there is steeper than the regular hill down into Lake Billy by the other Marina?

I'm guessing you're saying to turn off the trailer brakes because with the surge brakes they'll be engaging like mad going down the hill and will burn the brakes up or something? So it'd really be better to not use the trailer brakes to help out and to only use the truck's braking (and hill decent control)?
    If you don't turn them off plan to wait a good bit before dunking it as they'll be red hot. There is no comparison, this is the steepest grade you'll ever go down with your boat. I've only used hill descent once going down the hill, more just to see how it'd do, it worked great but did heat up the brakes a little more than I do driving my way, but was really slick I would try it just to see how it works if you've never given it a good test.
    -Jake

Default Does anyone know where "Rope Swing Cove" is on the Metolius Arm of Lake Billy Chinook

You'll know you're at the steep part when you get to the memorial and have this view of the lake
    Last edited by beat taco; 07-14-2016 at 01:56 PM.
    -Jake

Quote Originally Posted by beat taco View Post
    You'll know you're at the steep part when you get to the memorial and have this view of the lake
    Okay, thanks for the info.

I have one of the UFP brake lockout caps. can I just turn that to the "backing" setting to turn off the brakes on the trailer, or will I need to use the lockout key on the side of the tongue?

https://www.amazon.com/UFP-Brake-Loc...=1&*entries*=0

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

As long as it locks out your brakes you're good.
    -Jake

I personally wouldn't use the Ford down hill decent system. It isn't as good as advertised. When I used it on mine it would shut off because the boat was pushing the truck so hard the truck couldn't handle it. Pretty freaky when your slow and go then it shuts off and you pick up speed quick.

Also I had a lot of brake fade by the bottom of the hill, F150 front breaks were red hot and burnt smelling. I always bypass the trailer brakes at LBC due to the hill, other wise you wait 45 minutes to cool them or risk serious damage putting them in the water that hot.

You might look into Launching the boat and driving it to the Rope cove, then drive the truck with am empty trailer for your first trip down that hill.

$40 in fuel to learn the area is a lot better then losing your rig going down a dirt road.

I personally wouldn't take the Mojo down that dirt hill. I would launch it and drive it to the cove.

I can't imagine going down the 3 Rivers hill if it was dirt.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Heck my down hill assist worked so good I shut it off just after the final switch back because I was going too slow. But my truck is a 1/2 ton freak that tows loaded 28' trailers with ease despite heavy 35's.
    -Jake

Idk bro my F150 was set at 20 and the Mojo pushed it past pretty easily lol.

The Ram has no issues but the exhaust brake is a little finicky at what speeds it likes to kick in at
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    I personally wouldn't use the Ford down hill decent system. It isn't as good as advertised. When I used it on mine it would shut off because the boat was pushing the truck so hard the truck couldn't handle it. Pretty freaky when your slow and go then it shuts off and you pick up speed quick.

Also I had a lot of brake fade by the bottom of the hill, F150 front breaks were red hot and burnt smelling. I always bypass the trailer brakes at LBC due to the hill, other wise you wait 45 minutes to cool them or risk serious damage putting them in the water that hot.

You might look into Launching the boat and driving it to the Rope cove, then drive the truck with am empty trailer for your first trip down that hill.

$40 in fuel to learn the area is a lot better then losing your rig going down a dirt road.

I personally wouldn't take the Mojo down that dirt hill. I would launch it and drive it to the cove.

I can't imagine going down the 3 Rivers hill if it was dirt.
    So wait, is the road all the way to the marina paved? Or is this Hill that Jake is talking about gravel/dirt?
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

My understanding is the road to the cover your talking about is gravel. After 3 Rivers entrance even the main road turns to gravel
    [COLOR="#696969"]

The last 3 miles to Perry South is not paved. The 3 rivers option is all paved.
    -Jake