Default Adding subwoofer and second amp to 2015 Mondo?

I have a 2015 Mondo with the stock cabin speakers, set of tower speakers and stock amp. I'm looking to improve the sound and thinking about adding a subwoofer under the helm. I know a lot of you have started over with all new but I don't want to spend a fortune replacing all the existing stock speakers/amp.

I have been told adding a sub and amp to power will help sound quality quite a bit. Do you agree - what sub and amp would you buy? Let me know your thoughts on how to upgrade and what kind of cost to expect (installed as I don't have the knowledge or patience to do myself). Thanks.
    2015 Mondo - surf edition w/autoflow

Im reading that you have a singular amp? If so, id guess its just driving the tower pods. This would leave the in-boats (how many do you have) powered by the head unit.

Yes, adding even a mild 10" woofer will fill in all the missing program material that the small full range on-boats cannot reproduce. However, I strongly suggest that you also add an amp for the in-boats, along with the woofer. You dont want the woofer to over power the in-boats if they are left on the head unit. Depending on how much bass you want, id also consider adding a 3rd pair of in-boats if the boat currently only has 2 pair.

As the question of the woofer, you need to decide what kind of bass you are looking for. A 10" Kicker KM-10 in a small sealed enclosure with 200-300 watts rms is a great setup that will compliment a mild system. For those wanting some very pronounced bass, you can step up to something like a Kicker L7-12 on the KXM1200.1 in a ported enclosure. or, somewhere in between with a Kicker CompVR12 or Wet Sounds XS-12.

Once you make a woofer decision, the amp choice(s) can be made, whether its one for the woofer only, a hybrid 5 or 6 chnl that will drive the in-boats and woofer, or a dedicated woofer and dedicated in-boats amp.

A few things to look for in choosing a woofer:

*Rubber surround
    *Composite cone as opposed to one thats made from paper or some form of paper. Terms like hybrid and cellulose-based are often used. These cones are some form of paper and may have a laminate coating on the front. The cone can eventually succumb to the humid environment.
    Synthetic spider over cotton.
    Enclosed magnet rather than one thats open to the elements.
    Composite or aluminum basket is a plus, although a quality built woofer with a steel basket will have a good powder coat over a price point woofer with a cheap paint coating.

Lastly, if you are going to farm out the install, then find a marine audio/retailer that you are comfortable with, and sit down with them and talk about what they have to offer component wise and what their thoughts and ideas are. In the long run, I think you will do much better to purchase through your installer.

^^^^^ this

I did what you are about to do and ended up paying twice as much. If I could do it over again I would just do it right the first time. It will cost you a little more now but trust me, once you run the sub with the non amplified in boat speakers you will want to upgrade. I would get an amp that will power both your new sub and existing in boats.
    2014 Black/White Mojo
    345HP Surf Motor
    1235 Prop
    Autoflow 2.0 Upgrade
    1100# FlyHigh Rears
    650# IBS
    4 x Exile SXT9q's w/ Exile 30.2 amp and Exile ZLD controller
    Exile Javelin Amp
    10" Rockford sub