Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Moomba Lives in Eagle River, WI - We Live in Chicago

Default Piggy-backing stock 650's off upgraded rear 900's?

I've got a '14 LSV, and I'm wondering if anyone has tried piggy-backing the stock 650's off of upgraded rear bags? I'm just thinking that once I lose my twin boys for their sophomore year of college in mid-August, I'm gonna lose some serious ballast for surfing for the rest of the season (oh, and I'll miss their company as well )

I figure that since I have the stock bags that are just collecting dust in my boat house, I may as well try to get creative about using what I've got to give me the best wave. I'm thinking I should be able to simply install these like my 500lbs IBS. Is this a ridiculous idea, or has anyone tried this

I was wondering same thing. But I checked with my dealer and the pump to fill them manually is $120. And you have flexibility to put them anywhere in boat. That's the route I am going unless someone post better idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Supra SA

Where are u planning to put them if you piggy back them? Under the rear port and starboard seats?

My Moomba Lives in Eagle River, WI - We Live in Chicago

That was my plan, although I am fairly sure that I won't be able to fill it all the way up due to the lower seat height than the rear lockers. But I figure that I would be able to adjust the ballast pump timers to fill it at least halfway to get me more weight than my current 900's provide me now. I think my constraint will be height, not length, although we're back home now after being up at the lake this week so I'll have to check when we're back up in a few weeks

Quote Originally Posted by russellsmojo View Post
    I was wondering same thing. But I checked with my dealer and the pump to fill them manually is $120. And you have flexibility to put them anywhere in boat. That's the route I am going unless someone post better idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I did the same thing. I picked up 3 fat sacs and a tsunami pump this weekend so I can put them where I want when I want and not have to always sacrifice space and storage. Sad to think 3400# isn't enough for me lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

That's what I do.. I have a 350# fat sac I just throw under that seat and a 540# I put in the bow walk way until I decide which way I want to go with the upgrade

I did this very thing but in a 2013 mojo last week. I purchased some extra fittings from Wakemakers and used some small sections of hose to connect the front of my 1100's to the original 650's under my seats. I then re-routed my overflow from 1100's to the 650's. Had to do this to get a solid wave in conjunction with the auto flow I had added. No way you'll get the 650's full and I found by the time the overflow would start peeing my seats were already popping but the wave improvement was awesome. Lenghwise there was plenty of room in the mojo.
    2013 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by c h r i s View Post
    I did this very thing but in a 2013 mojo last week. I purchased some extra fittings from Wakemakers and used some small sections of hose to connect the front of my 1100's to the original 650's under my seats. I then re-routed my overflow from 1100's to the 650's. Had to do this to get a solid wave in conjunction with the auto flow I had added. No way you'll get the 650's full and I found by the time the overflow would start peeing my seats were already popping but the wave improvement was awesome. Lenghwise there was plenty of room in the mojo.
    I had this same thought, glad someone asked. I imagined doing exactly what you did, c h r i s, but how do the overflow sacs empty?
    2016 Moomba Craz

Boards:
    Day 1 Wake Payne Killer
    Doomswell Drone 4'10"
    Phase 5 Diamond
    Hyperlite Quad
    Lakewakes Hooligan
    Phase 5 grom
    CWB Razr

Tubes:
    Sombrero
    Bandwagon

They empty just fine. My short extension from the 1100 to the 650 is at the bottom of each bag so the overflow can migrate back into the 1100s pretty easily, but because of this they fill at the same time so there's no way to just fill the 1100.
    2013 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by c h r i s View Post
    there's no way to just fill the 1100.
    sure there is!

take an extra fitting and fill it with epoxy to make a plug. if you want to only fill the 1,100, simply unplug the line from the 650 and snap in the plug.