Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

So yesterday the boat ran fine. Kept the blower on the whole time and when we stopped to swim, I opened the hatch. Never had any problems. Surfed and tubed. So today I had to go work for a few hours and I just got back to the water and found out the boat started sputtering earlier and they parked it. Haven't ran it yet so I don't know. It's frustrating. It has a new fuel filter in it. Fixing to go out and try again. Hoping for the best. I don't want to take it to the dealer, bc I've got a feeling it will be there a while. Several weeks maybe 4 or so. I'm lost on the sputtering. It happened last year and I changed the fuel filter and it stopped. Now it has a new fuel filter and sputtered in the throttle( while pulling)

2006 Möbius LSV

Pouring a bottle of cold water on it like recommend earlier will solve it everytime. Going to the dealer will accomplish you nothing.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

I got bit by vaporlock for second time today in 10 years. 2006 LSV HAD SINCE NEW. About 95 and real humid. Started boat did not leave blower on. Today used my boat for 2 hours riding and cruising. Came back to dock grilled out? About hour later fired up boat ran like crap, turned off would not start back up tried for couple minutes. I went up to house added couple handfuls ice to a water jug. Poured about 8 ounces on fuel pump.
    Fired boat up ran great, left blower on went boarding for 2 more hours.
    The only reason I knew what to do was I've read about it on this forum.

Here is what I am told is a permanent fix:

http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=2903

Mine is a 2008 that already has 2 fuel pumps but the are mounted right next to each other. I am contemplating buying this kit and relocating the low pressure pump to the V-Drive area. Any relocate the pump on their boat?

That's crazy that we have to do this to fix something that came from that manufacturer ya know. Well I don't know for sure if I'll do that yet. I ran it yesterday afternoon for a while and never had a problem but it had cooled down some, temp wise. It's just always in the back of my mind that it might not crank.

2006 Möbius LSV

At least now you know the exact fix for on the spot when it happens and can avoid a trip to the dealer. Tons of us have dealt with it, just make sure you have a cold water in the cooler and you are set.

As long as you know where to pour, you are good to go.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

I haven't poured yet. Is there a specific spot to pour it on? I see the two wires coming in the top and the metal hose like fitting coming out the top.. Is that the right spot? I haven't done it yet

2006 Möbius LSV

That's it. Hit the fuel line too. Doesn't take a lot. Listen for the fuel pump when you turn the key on. If it's vapor locked the pump won't run. The safety lanyard also keeps the fuel pump from running but allows the engine to crank.
    2005 Mobius LSV
    325 EFI

Quote Originally Posted by CMAC21 View Post
    That's crazy that we have to do this to fix something that came from that manufacturer ya know.
    When your boat left the factory in 2006, you could hardly find gas that contained ethanol. Once ethanol became an everyday additive to gasoline, Skier's Choice (and other manufacturers) developed a fix.

That's what they said in 2009 when mine was manufactured as well, 2 years after the Federal Mandate.
    When did they start manufacturing with the two pumps?
    I just pour water over mine when it wont run, and explain to my friends why a $36,000 boat requires a cup of water poured over it to run when it's hot! (It's always hot in the summer in GA)
    It wont strand you, just keep the blower on, prop the clam shell up, and pour a cup of ice water on it after every stop and it will work just fine! Really!
    It's only happened 3 times this month.
    Peace
    Darren
    FamilyMatters

2009 Outback