Default Locks for Rear Ski Locker

I have a bunch of money invested in skis and ropes that are stored in the rear ski locker. I usually leave my boat on an anchor while camping and on the trailer in front of my house overnight sometimes before a trip. I use cable locks to lock the boards to the tower and racks, but the skis are fair game. they are out of sight, but it would be pretty easy for someone to open the cover and by by sticks.
    I figure there has to be some way to install a lock, and hopefully someone can enlighten me.

Thanks,
    Dave

Default Replying to Topic 'Locks for Rear Ski Locker'

Assuming you have a V-drive, it seems like you could easily rig up some latches that lock the side lockers from within the engine compartment. You could then lock the engine compartment with the lock that is already installed.
    2006 Outback V

I set up a system that is very similar to what Ski just described for all the same reasons. Basically, I used a hole saw to cut a 2" hole through the plasic dividers between the engine compartment and the lockers. Then I mounted an eye bolt to the aluminum cross bars. The locker covers have an anchor mounted to the underside and a steel cable with a small clip on the end. When I close the lockers, I feed the cable with the clip through the hole and clip it onto the eye bolt inside the engine compartment and then lock the engine compartment with the factory lock.

I'll get some good pictures and a better explanation of what I did this weekend. Stay tuned...
    '06 Mobius LSV.

Mine is actually a DD Outback. It has the clamshell lid. My thought was putting a slide-lock on one lid, and a lock on the other. I am not sure haw to get a lock on there without going through the upholstery, which would be a PITA.

Originally posted by Ed G
    Or you could put your skis in the truck at night - nah.
    Thats exactly what I do. I have lot invested in my kneeboards (2 lowriders, 5150, and then the cheap ones) so pull them out each night and lock them up.