Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 15 mondo with manual surf.. help

hey guys i was wondering if anyone has had some experience with this set up, is it better to run both rear lockers full or the surf side considerably more weighted then the non surf side.... stock set up with surf edition with manual surf?

Best rule of thumb with Manual flow - fill both lockers and bow, deploy flow on opposite side of surf and go. Drain non surf side sack tell wave looks ideal. My LSV still liked a little list with manual flow. I ran 80surf/40%nonsurf on port side and 80/30 on starboard side. Each boat will differ on many factors. Best way is to fill and drain non surf side locker while you drive tell you find optimum wave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2013 LSV Red/White

1100lb upgrades in each rear locker!
    Stock 500 Bow ballast
    650IBS
    Manual Flow equipped

Boards
    Hyperlite Hi-Fi "The Illest"
    CWB AMG Carbon
    Phase 5 Razz
    Byerly Volt
    4.6 Ronix Koal Fish
    Phase Five Scamp (kiddos)

I'll second that!! This is exactly what we did when we had our manual flow too.
    2014 Black/White Mojo
    345HP Surf Motor
    1235 Prop
    Autoflow 2.0 Upgrade
    1100# FlyHigh Rears
    650# IBS
    4 x Exile SXT9q's w/ Exile 30.2 amp and Exile ZLD controller
    Exile Javelin Amp
    10" Rockford sub

My Moomba Lives in Eagle River, WI - We Live in Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by icemanftr View Post
    Best rule of thumb with Manual flow - fill both lockers and bow, deploy flow on opposite side of surf and go. Drain non surf side sack tell wave looks ideal. My LSV still liked a little list with manual flow. I ran 80surf/40%nonsurf on port side and 80/30 on starboard side. Each boat will differ on many factors. Best way is to fill and drain non surf side locker while you drive tell you find optimum wave.

That's super helpful ... Did you guys find an optimal position for the manual flow plate between positions 1, 2 and 3?

Quote Originally Posted by North Woods Mobius View Post
    That's super helpful ... Did you guys find an optimal position for the manual flow plate between positions 1, 2 and 3?
    Never really could see a drastic difference between settings. Best case is find your clean wake and then adjust plate back and forth.

2013 LSV Red/White

1100lb upgrades in each rear locker!
    Stock 500 Bow ballast
    650IBS
    Manual Flow equipped

Boards
    Hyperlite Hi-Fi "The Illest"
    CWB AMG Carbon
    Phase 5 Razz
    Byerly Volt
    4.6 Ronix Koal Fish
    Phase Five Scamp (kiddos)

My 14' seems to like the 3rd setting (all the way down) My best setup (so far) seems to be 900 port side full (or as full as it can be) Starboard side is 1/2 to 3/4 and front is full (750 IBS).

This video was shot with just my wife and daughter in the boat. Wife was driving and my daughter (about 100#) was setting surf side. The was also before my new prop....which I SWEAR seemed to make the wave even cleaner. I thought I was crazy that the wave felt and looked better but I googled it and some others posted similar results. Call me crazy.......

2014 Mondo
    2013 Yamaha AR192.... Long gone

My Moomba Lives in Eagle River, WI - We Live in Chicago

That wave looks fantastic. We have a tall wave with push, but it's quite short and we're surfing almost right on top of the platform. Where are you guys running your wakeplate?

Funny you mention that about the prop. One of the strange things we noticed when we did the testing of multiple props a few years back was that changing the prop also affected the wash and the "clean" look of the wave.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Funny you mention that about the prop. One of the strange things we noticed when we did the testing of multiple props a few years back was that changing the prop also affected the wash and the "clean" look of the wave.
    I guess I am not crazy!! I can't wait to get to the Lake this weekend for a week to get some more time surfing and some new videos. I don't "Hope" for it to happen, but maybe I can get out one time with just my wife and daughter to shoot a comparable vid. Then the others can come out to ride
    2014 Mondo

Quote Originally Posted by North Woods Mobius View Post
    Funny you ask, my wake plate gauge is acting up (read upside down) but the plate works as it should. My wife is fairly sure it is all the way. She's getting the hang of moving it and noticing if the wave changes etc...

I'm sure it's just the difference in hulls and that I have a little more ballast up front. Maybe try listing it a little more. I noticed mine was tall and I was right on the platform then I started filling the non-surf side less.
    2014 Mondo