Default New Speakers on '08 Outback...

I'm looking to replace the stock 6 speaker set up in my Outback... I replaced the head unit with another Kenwood head unit and I'd like to just keep the stock Amp if it will suffice... I know JL's seem to be the top pick... but is there anything out there that will give me good sound quality and get pretty loud while driving? I don't want to break the bank and I'd like to stay around $400 if possible... the JL's seem to be around $199/pair everywhere I look... any opinions would be appreciated...
    Thanks

There's always the Polk Audio dB651s at around $75 or less a pair. Certainly not in the class with the JL Audio MX but the dB651s are still tops in sound quality in the $100/pr. and below bracket. The next best speaker to the JL Audio MX650 is the Polk Audio MM651UM (not the MM651) and the street price will be just a bit less than the JL Audio. Although once you get the forum deal on the JL Audio, they're only marginally more than the Polk and not too much over your budget. I would also consider the Kicker model with the true dome (not the W-dome seen on previous OEM) and the Wetsounds XS65i. Every model listed thus far, except for the dB651, is a true marine speaker and should perform up to their original standards for years to come. Polymer baskets. Coated tinsel leads. Synthetic spiders. Sealed midbass cone. Bridge-mounted tweeter. Encapsulated magnet.

Thanks for the info...It looks like I can get the Polks 651UM's at a pretty fair price? Has anyone else put these in and what are your thoughts?
    Thanks
    Last edited by pianoman0123; 06-30-2016 at 09:12 PM.