Default New '06 Moomba Outback DD - need some help! Only 3800 RPM

Hello everyone! I just purchased an '06 Moomba Outback DD with 197hrs on it. The previous owner kept it spotless BUT did not handle the basic maintenance. After looking at the corroded stock cap & rotor, I replaced with a new one and MR43LTS to replace the stock 41-993s.

Problem I am having is that it's topping out at 3,800RPM (roughly 38mph). I went ahead and ran some Techron through it and changed the fuel filter...no help.

This is on the stock OJ 13x13 prop. I pulled off the spark arrestor and made sure the throttle body was opening all the way and it is. Temps are about 170 on the gauge and oil pressure is about 70-75psi at 3,000 RPM.

So, what's next?

Sorry, it's the 325 assault engine

I have the same engine in my 2008 and mine runs about the same speed... although my speedometer doesn't work I checked it with GPS and it's around 37 MPH max... right around 3800 RPM's as well... SO I guess maybe this is normal?

sounds to me like you need to check the throttle cable to see if it has slipped. My 325 assault runs 45mph at 4800 rpm but you cant really go by that bc i think my prop is a different size ( cant remember size and not home) but nonetheless 3800 is not WOT RPM

Quote Originally Posted by blackyj View Post
    325 assault runs 45mph at 4800 rpm ... 3800 is not WOT RPM
    Moss - I agree with blackyj. My '07 Outback with stock prop topped out at 47/48 MPH. Your '06 w/ 325 Assault should do the same. - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

How would you go about checking if the throttle cable slipped? Also, is there a way to adjust the cable?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mossdahaus View Post
    Hello everyone! I just purchased an '06 Moomba Outback DD with 197hrs on it. The previous owner kept it spotless BUT did not handle the basic maintenance. After looking at the corroded stock cap & rotor, I replaced with a new one and MR43LTS to replace the stock 41-993s.

Problem I am having is that it's topping out at 3,800RPM (roughly 38mph). I went ahead and ran some Techron through it and changed the fuel filter...no help.

This is on the stock OJ 13x13 prop. I pulled off the spark arrestor and made sure the throttle body was opening all the way and it is. Temps are about 170 on the gauge and oil pressure is about 70-75psi at 3,000 RPM.

So, what's next?
    Did you happen to get yours figured out?