Default Urgent: Boat cover snap

Hi All,

I have a Moomba Outback DD 2011 and my front snap bow cover is now at the bottom of the lake. Since this is my only weather protection i called multiple retailers and local shops and they all have the same answer "this is custom fit .. I need your boat in the shop". Is there no other way to solve this problem ? My boat is not on a lift and sits in the water.

Any advice appreciated on a short term solution for this before the next rain fall.

Thanks

Alex

go to Harbor Freight & buy a cheap, blue tarp. When you take it to put on your boat, make a template of what you need, including snap locations, & take that to a local canvas shop.

Sorry, but what you're looking for isn't something you're going to find on a shelf. Each cover is different and the snaps were screwed on to your boat specifically for that cover. Nobody is going to guess at that and wait to hope you don't complain that the cover doesn't fit correctly.

I guess that's probably my best option. What should I expect paying for this ? Preliminary pricing is pretty brutal ... around 600$ Canadian .. at that price just for the bow !!! Will probably order something from evolution.

There's some on ebay that are sunbrella and both covers for under $600, it looks like they custom make them to your boat. I found new old stock on ebay and with my best offer got the set for $250. The snaps shipped loose and I installed them to match the boat, fortunately I had a friend I was able to borrow the tool to install the snaps.
    -Jake

Quote Originally Posted by beat taco View Post
    There's some on ebay that are sunbrella and both covers for under $600, it looks like they custom make them to your boat. I found new old stock on ebay and with my best offer got the set for $250. The snaps shipped loose and I installed them to match the boat, fortunately I had a friend I was able to borrow the tool to install the snaps.
    This sounds like a much better option. Didn't think about getting a cover w/out the snaps installed.

Was able to find that the correct part number is 107058. There is a seller on ebay asking 325$USD + 120$ shipping. This brings me to a total of 595$CAD. I guess there no other way around this one .. damn these covers are expensive .. !

If the seller isn't Great Lakes Skipper (which is who it probably is), check their site or give them a call.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Default Urgent: Boat cover snap

Quote Originally Posted by achampagne View Post
    Was able to find that the correct part number is 107058. There is a seller on ebay asking 325$USD + 120$ shipping. This brings me to a total of 595$CAD. I guess there no other way around this one .. damn these covers are expensive .. !
    Ship it to me and I'll ship it to you. See what it'd would cost to get it to 97007 if you want. Does he have a best offer on it?
    -Jake

Default Re: Urgent: Boat cover snap

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    If the seller isn't Great Lakes Skipper (which is who it probably is), check their site or give them a call.
    Yep..ebay has them.. Any upholstery shop can make it.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead