Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IBS Thoughts

Wouldn't the water just pour back into it from the IBS though?? especially when under way and gravity is pushing water towards the back???
    2005 Outback LSV-Assault 325

Yes it would... but is it that big of a deal? The only "fix" for this sort of setup would be some sort of latch that could hold the locker closed and limit the bag from filling all the way. Our door pops up when it's full, and the cup holders pop up when the IBS is full. It makes for a trip hazard but we don't really move around that much when surfing so it's not a big deal to me.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

Default IBS Thoughts

My IBS always seems to slowly lose water when surfing. It will be busting cups up than 30 mins later half the water is gone. No leaks anywhere, only thing I can think is it is siphoning itself out the vent line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2013 LSV Red/White

1100lb upgrades in each rear locker!
    Stock 500 Bow ballast
    650IBS
    Manual Flow equipped

Boards
    Hyperlite Hi-Fi "The Illest"
    CWB AMG Carbon
    Phase 5 Razz
    Byerly Volt
    4.6 Ronix Koal Fish
    Phase Five Scamp (kiddos)

Quote Originally Posted by icemanftr View Post
    My IBS always seems to slowly lose water when surfing. It will be busting cups up than 30 mins later half the water is gone. No leaks anywhere, only thing I can think is it is siphoning itself out the vent line.
    Same here. It's not siphoning out, it's just "leaking" back through the impeller. The impeller makes a pretty good, but not perfect seal; so when it's stopped it's not a perfect check valve. I just bump it on when I see the cup holder back down. Likewise, my center ballast will fill a little (from empty) since it is below the water line and especially while underway since I'm using the original scoop thru-hull (grinding that off is also on my low priority to-do list)
    Last edited by gregski; 06-28-2016 at 03:29 PM.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

Default IBS Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by gregski View Post
    Same here. It's not siphoning out, it's just "leaking" back through the impeller. The impeller makes a pretty good, but not perfect seal; so when it's stopped it's not a perfect check valve. I just bump it on when I see the cup holder back down. Likewise, my center ballast will fill a little (from empty) since it is below the water line and especially while underway since I'm using the original scoop thru-hull (grinding that off is also on my low priority to-do list)
    Glad to know I'm not alone. Thanks man. I kept looking in hull thinking I was losing water and leaking into bilge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2013 LSV Red/White

1100lb upgrades in each rear locker!
    Stock 500 Bow ballast
    650IBS
    Manual Flow equipped

Boards
    Hyperlite Hi-Fi "The Illest"
    CWB AMG Carbon
    Phase 5 Razz
    Byerly Volt
    4.6 Ronix Koal Fish
    Phase Five Scamp (kiddos)

Well guess I need to get a stock 500 bag from somewhere or put in some ball valves somewhere because when I'm saying my center bag pops the door its like bulging out and the door is almost completely open once the IBS starts filling. This is the first season I've had the IBS and before I'd just stop filling the locker bag when I could see the door getting pushed on. but now it completely pops the door open before it starts filling the IBS. Should I move the piggyback line to vent out of the back of the locker bag(towards stern)??

I just put my foot on the door.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I tried that and as soon as I would let the pressure off the door, it would come flying open and I wouldn't be able to shut it again. So I guess mine is squishing out more than yalls?? were the lockers smaller in the older boats?

Quote Originally Posted by aggietb View Post
    I tried that and as soon as I would let the pressure off the door, it would come flying open and I wouldn't be able to shut it again. So I guess mine is squishing out more than yalls?? were the lockers smaller in the older boats?
    Fly High Distribution Flow Manifold work well for me. Let's you switch between locker and IBS. They sell on Wakemakers. Not cheap though.

https://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-...-manifold.html
    Last edited by Sp8; 06-30-2016 at 10:38 AM.
    2011 Mobius LSV, V2 Tower, 1100lbs regular side,
    750lbs goofy, 370lbs ski locker, 750lbs bow,
    flow surf (don't use it thanks to suck gate)