Default Moomba accelerating slowly

This just started the past lake trip. I will try and make this short and sweet. I have a 2005 moomba mobious LS with Indmar and holly carb, whit 630hrs. On the lake today the boat would take forever to get up to 19.5mph but when we RPM's hit right above 3,000 it's like it gained full power and could accelerate like normal. Almost Acted like a turbo kicked in. Do I need to adjust the carb? Just this past summer I installed a new fuel pump and fuel filter. Please help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Stroble View Post
    This just started the past lake trip. I will try and make this short and sweet. I have a 2005 moomba mobious LS with Indmar and holly carb, whit 630hrs. On the lake today the boat would take forever to get up to 19.5mph but when we RPM's hit right above 3,000 it's like it gained full power and could accelerate like normal. Almost Acted like a turbo kicked in. Do I need to adjust the carb? Just this past summer I installed a new fuel pump and fuel filter. Please help.

I would be looking more at your timing, I would assume it has a distributor and inside is counter weights that swing out as the rpm increases.

To me sounds like your advanced all the time, so low rpm your firing too soon and losing power, when you reach 3k rpm your advanced is in the range and your engine starts performing normally.

You can check this easily with a timing light. Should be around 10 at idle ahs advance up as you increase rpm
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Default Re: Moomba accelerating slowly

If you slowly increased the throttle does everything work fine, for example you slowly push down and accelerate slowly to top speed.

However if your slam the throttle or use it normally, ie 0 to full, to get up to speed it bogs and sputters?
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Default Moomba accelerating slowly

I'm still going with Timing issue until you verify it.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]