Thread: Docking Lights

Default Docking Lights

Hey guys, so I have a two part question for you all. Keep in mind I've got a Supra SC400, but I came here first since I know this is a much more active community than the Supra msg board.

1st question: Does Skiers Choice install standard wiring in all of their boats and then customize for each customer? By that, I mean the wire harnesses and all wiring is the same, but some options that aren't installed just aren't connected?

The reason I ask is:

2nd question: Has anyone installed after market docking lights? I have the ordered the same Attwood docking lights the factory installs, but am curious if I am going to luck out and have the wiring already in place, where I can install and plug into a *hopeful* empty deutsch connector, and away I go. I have a very tight space to access the location where I think the Deutsch connector might be, so before I invest time and probably pain/blood into this, I'd like to see if anyone might be able to confirm the wiring situation for me.

I have experienced car manufacturers using standard wiring and just not connecting certain wires, so I feel like it makes sense for a boat mfg to do the same.

I appreciate any insights you guys may have.
    2015 Supra SC400
    08 LSV - Sold
    Go big, or go home.

I'm thinking you will luck into the wires already being ran to the front

Which reminds me that I wanted to look into adding some for mine also...
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Interesting because I think you find you don't have docking wires.

In the LSV which had these they are a simple harness that just ran to the dash and unlike stereo wires they are not ran on all boats.

In my Mojo there is no pre ran docking lights.

I hope you find it pre ran but I doubt you will
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I wanted to follow-up on this post, as I've been doing a lot of rummaging around in my boat lately. Turns out the wires are pre-run, but I have no idea where they are terminated in the bow. The wires running from the switch on the dash are solid white in color. Two white wires are located in a large connector on the starboard side of the boat under the dash. These two solid white wires are the wires for the docking lights. From this connector, the wires run up to the bow in that corrugated wire wrap. However, it's pretty full, and where the wires probably terminate is the tightest spot on the boat to work around. You may be able to remove the bow speakers to get a little better access, but I'm not going to try it.

I have drilled the holes in the side of the boat over the weekend. My plan is to route new wires from each docking light up and to this connector. I'll cut those two white wires, splice the newly run wires to them, and then route the negative wires to an open spot on the ground bar under the dash. Measuring and drilling was the hardest part - rather, measuring was. Drilling is always so easy in the side of these..... easy besides the shaking and cold sweat that shows up as soon as I see fiberglass dust.

Anyway, I should have this wrapped up in a week or so, and I'll report back if I run into any more snags.
    2015 Supra SC400
    08 LSV - Sold
    Go big, or go home.

Normally pre run wires are ran very close to where the light would be, terminated in a barrel connector tucked up into the rest of the wiring running around the boat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

You may have to start peeling the harness a bit. Might work back a little from the pinch point to an easier spot to access and then search for white.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!