Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Exile EXBT4 and Sony CDX-M60UI

Has anyone been able to get the Exile Bluetooth adaptor to work with the Factory Sony CDX-M60UI and 2 Kicker amps?
    This is a factory setup for a 2013 Moomba LSV. It doesn't appear there is a place to plug in the RCA cables from the EXBT4 into.
    Thanks!
    2023 Craz
    2013 LSV

There is a bus in on the back of the unit you should be able to use , it's on my to do list but have not gotten to it yet, it's diagramed in the manual
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by nelswhytry View Post
    Has anyone been able to get the Exile Bluetooth adaptor to work with the Factory Sony CDX-M60UI and 2 Kicker amps?
    This is a factory setup for a 2013 Moomba LSV. It doesn't appear there is a place to plug in the RCA cables from the EXBT4 into.
    Thanks!
    Have exact same setup and could not get it to work. Plugged into to BUS and didn't recognize. Tried the two black ones and did not work either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I tried the bus in and the two black Rica cables, neither one worked. Called Exile for support and they said it won't work with that head unit. Recommend purchasing their ZLD which is $300.
    2023 Craz
    2013 LSV

An EQ is not a solution if you want to maintain your remote control functionality.
    There have been three separate Sony model #s supplied of devices that are specifically intended to open up the menu and open up the RCA input on the rear of the chassis of a Sony UniLink source unit. At least one of these three devices solve the issue.

I use an exile eq and Sony head unit in my 14 mojo. One input on eq is Bluetooth into eq. The other input is head unit. I can use both remotes to change volume and radio stations. There are times like in a storm that old fashioned radio is not bad to have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by nelswhytry View Post
    Thanks!
    Have the solution! Bought 3.5mm male (aux in) to rca female adapter at fry's for about $3 and a 3.5mm male to female 6' extension. Plugged the extension into the unit and ran through grommet already there for USB line. Behind I connected adapter to extension and then into exile BT. Already had connected BT to power and ground. It works great now.
    Only needed extension to make it look clean since rca adapter was only 6 inches long or so. Can try and take pictures of packages if it would help. Hopefully this will work for you too. So much easier to keep phone at help or pass it around.

Quote Originally Posted by NoleAlum View Post
    Have the solution! Bought 3.5mm male (aux in) to rca female adapter at fry's for about $3 and a 3.5mm male to female 6' extension. Plugged the extension into the unit and ran through grommet already there for USB line. Behind I connected adapter to extension and then into exile BT. Already had connected BT to power and ground. It works great now.
    Only needed extension to make it look clean since rca adapter was only 6 inches long or so. Can try and take pictures of packages if it would help. Hopefully this will work for you too. So much easier to keep phone at help or pass it around.

great idea, I tried to do that with the usb input.... to no avail.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

it works, sure, but kind of the long way around, considering Sony makes a simple and cheap device that unlocks those BUS Audio In inputs for adding such AUX devices. .