Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I like the relay idea... That's the route I'm going. I don't want to move be the cables over, it'd be easy but Probly not beneficial in the long run
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

One other thing to consider when placing the helm supply on the house battery, is where is the ignition key switch getting its B+ from? We would hope its coming from the engine, specifically off the main starter cable, which in turn, is connected to the main cranking. Also need to consider the use of the blower, if you routinely run your house bank very deep while out. May have a slow blower while getting ready to restart boat. Also the auto bilge, if you wet slip the boat. Cranking banks are rarely ever down when a boat is put away.

I come from a go fast boat boat family, so I always have the engine hatch popped open for start if the boat has been sitting for more than 30 minutes. I've seen way to many bilge fires as a kid out on lake Mead in Vegas. Any less and I'll run the blower. The boat is never wet slipped, so not too worried about the bilge pump.
    As far as the ignition itself, I'm not sure where its power is coming from. But I know an easy way to find out. If I ever make it home from this trip from hell I'll start messing with it again.
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

On my boat, it appears the ignition and Batt+ for the ECU is tapped off the starter where the 2/0 gauge wire connects. That 2/0 wire is the one hooked to the output of the battery switch.

I'm thinking the factory intended to have the accessories on the second battery, and the starting battery only connected to position 1 on the switch. There are many ways to wire a boat, do what meets your requirements.

It doesn't matter what I leave switched on in the boat or for how long, I'll never have to worry about parasitic drain on the starting battery. Turn the switch to position 1, pretty much a guaranteed start every time!
    2006 Moomba XLV
    Indmar 325 MPI - Acme 1433
    1,100lb V-drive sacs + 1,180lb front
    WakeMAKERS Ballast System Upgrade
    DIY SuckGate
    PerfectPass DBW