Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default Line X instead of carpet?

I am ripping out the carpet as I type. This stuff is hideous. Besides being worn, sun faded and torn in a place or 2, does it ever dry?

The carpet is installed on the hull prior top the top being installed. This does present the need for a little more patience in removal. The adhesive is pretty weak after 7 years. Just tedious work.

My intent is to remove all traces of the carpet, in the storage areas too. I will have a grey Line X applied under the gunnels from the rub rail seam down to the edge of the bilge in the center of the boat. My thought is to go up the edges all the way around the interior maybe 1 to 1.5" as a built in cove mold. That will attempt to hide the seam to some extent. The gaps seem reasonably uniform. Perfection would be nice but then I wake up.

Pictures will follow. As luck would have it. It started raining. I will be working in it since there is no reason not to. Keeps the dust down

I want to use blue Miner's Moss on the floor only after the bedliner is done. Just a fitted and bound rug, not glue in. Got a buddy ready to do the binding.
    Last edited by Fastest1; 10-30-2015 at 01:56 PM.
    2008 Moomba Outback DD resurrection

Where are you feeling the blue miner moss
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Are you asking where I am finding it? I will have to check when I get home. Seems like it is American Boat Flooring or something similar. They sent me some samples. With and without backing.
    I am getting farther on the carpet removal. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446252063.811840.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1446252084.394307.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, this is it. www.americanfloormats.com/‎

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Fastest1 View Post
    Thanks that's what I needed.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I've frequently thought about ripping out my carpet and doing spray in bedliner, but the gaps in the floor make me nervous.

I think I want to rip the carpet out, then cut to fit a top layer of textured layer of Starboard, then do snap-in carpet, SeaDek or something on top of that.
    2013 Outback V

Ian the only gaps I see are the 1's around the covers over the bilge. The gaps are large but they are uniform. My thought is either an aluminum strip to minimize the gap or plastic. Then apply the bedliner.
    The door to the so called in floor cooler is too small also. Same technique or even make another door. Still undecided on that.

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of a carpet with backing. The Miner's Moss comes either way. It would be easier to seam and get to lay flat if backed. I could possibly even fuse, melt or glue the pieces together if needed.

I meant the gaps between the floor and the top cap - like, removing the thickness of the carpet, is the bedliner thick enough to fill that gap, or would it be a little floppy because it's not a tight fit.
    2013 Outback V

Fill the carpet gap with 1/4" thick HDPE spacers that are about an inch or so wide.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon