Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prop repair

Default Prop repair

I am planning to take my 2419 in tomorrow morning for repair. The shop is about an hour away from me so wanted to ask the wealth of knowledge out there if they can confirm that this is in fact repairable. I've trashed an i/o prop worse but this is the first damage I've ever done to an inboard prop and would rather save my time if this isn't fixable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

To clarify it only seems there is damage to the one blade but it has a crack and a chunk out.

Default Prop repair

Missing chunk makes me wonder about repair. I would call before driving an hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Supra SA

Default Prop repair

Quote Originally Posted by russellsmojo View Post
    Missing chunk makes me wonder about repair. I would call before driving an hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ya that's my worry too. I know the non brass props can be fixed but wasn't sure about these

Yeah a good shop can definitely repair that. I've watched a video of an acme way worse than that being repaired before.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

Default Re: Prop repair

Simple fix, $250..
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

As an alternative to driving, I highly suggest sending it to Nettles Prop Repair in Texas. They always sponsor the Texas Moomba/Supra Jam and are awesome to work with.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

It might be good to look into what would be a good "upgraded" prop to get for your boat. Then buy that, and have the OEM prop as a spare after it's fixed. I have the Acme 537 on my boat and it's a great all around prop for my uses. The boat came OEM with the OJ466, which I've never tried but I got it from the previous owner and keep it as a spare. I take the spare prop with me on trips and also bring the prop puller and the wakemakers kit that has the extra cotter pin and nut and key (although I had to use the key because my old one got loose).
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Default Re: Prop repair

Also, after you hit enough things(I hit a lot of crap in the river) this probably didn't cause much vibration, if not I keep running it till it's convenient to repair or hit something else making it worse..

Like the others have said, buy an upgrade prop and have that one repaired and as a spare.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

That is repairable. The shop near me charges $200 for this repair.
    He put almost half a blade back on my buddies prop.
    2017 Axis T23
    2014 Supra SC350 Sold
    2012 Outback V - Sold