Thread: Boat cover's

Default Boat cover's

Just wandering, got a boat cover for my 06 Moubis LSV. The cover has a tag for ls series
    boat. and the ski pylon reinforcement does not line up. Called the dealer and they say
    the covers are universal. Anybody else heard of this.

Default Replying to Topic 'Boat cover's'

Just want to know that i have the right boat cover or am i supposed to take out the ski pylon when i put on the cover

The LS and LSV have the Ski pylon in the VERY different places ! Both covers have sleeves in similar places, but not correct.

The V has the pylon in the back, and requires the larger sleeve back there, and has a smaller one up ABOUT where the LS has the pylon, but it is for one of the 2 telescoping poles.

Get them to correct this. You paid $$$ for a custom cover!

Oh, and Ed - I'm sure your PVC contraption is cool, but this is a VERY differnt layout boat.

-Joe

Plus5-
    How did this turn out? I just bought an 06 and have the same issue.

no word back. when I took it to the dealer all the other boat covers were the same. The sales staff and the service dept. all said they had never noticed, and would contact SC
    about the issue. Been 2 weeks and still no answer. guess I'll have to call the dealer.

I did contact SC (Reed Claiborn) with and e-mail back in late July. He stated that the covers are cut for spec. boats, however the cover for the 2006 LS is the same cover for the LSV. The response also goes on to say that sometimes the supports are a little off center, and wanted to know how off center it was. I replied, My rear reinforcement is approx. 9 1/2 inches to the rear of the pylon. It is lined up left to right but just to far. back. He then responded, and asked if the dealer had filed a warr. claim.

Again I called the dealer to see if they had heard back from SC. no respose from the dealer. Guess I will call SC myself.

I need to correct one of my statements - I looked at my cover and it says "Outback LS" - I own an LSV, and the cover fits PERFECTLY. I guess my observation of where the ski pole in an LS "would be" is off.

So your rear "sock" is 9" down the engine pad ? And the rear of the cover sits jsut under the rub rail correct ? Strange! Must be some sewing glitch. You got a "monday" cover

They should be able to take care of you if you call directly. They are very attentive if you explain the (obvious) problem to them.

-Joe

Got word back from the dealer. They are going to sew in a new patch. SC is looking into the prob. from what I understand. If my dealer had 2 boats on the lot with the same prob. and AZHeet has the prob.. Just wonder how many more are out there.