Default SC warranty replacement question

Hey guys ... so my old Sony head unit bit the dust and it was replaced under warranty by SC. It was the Cdx-m60ui. I now have a brand new MEX-M70BT in my hands which is great ... but I was told by a Sony rep that only the older model Sony ead units would work with the remote that is in the 2014.

I would be very surprised if SC would send out a replacement unit that didn't work with the existing remote ... but was wondering if anyone here knew? I don't want to book my audio guy and then have him tell me it isn't compatible.

Thanks
    2014 Black/White Mojo
    345HP Surf Motor
    1235 Prop
    Autoflow 2.0 Upgrade
    1100# FlyHigh Rears
    650# IBS
    4 x Exile SXT9q's w/ Exile 30.2 amp and Exile ZLD controller
    Exile Javelin Amp
    10" Rockford sub

I'd be willing to bet they are unaware the two do not work together.

I would reach back out and provide them the information the Sony rep provided you.

You mentioned booking your audio guy ... if it's warranty work, is there a reason the dealer isn't making the swap?
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

I would be very surprised if SC would send out a replacement unit that didn't work with the existing remote
    The M60ui has been out of production for about 3 years now, and id gather SC has depleted their stock. This leaves them with whats currently available. Cant blame SC for Sony for dropping the M60 LCD remote and then eliminating the driver for it from the current lineup of head units

What will work however, is the actual remote buttons, if the head unit has the 3.5mm steering wheel control input. If the remote is the larger LCD remote, you lose the display.

Dealer said it was parts only. Swap would cost me the standard rate per hour. I have a bunch of other things lined up so my audio guy was going to do the swap in the process of tackling the other stuff.

Thanks I emailed back to my dealer to find out about compatibility.
    2014 Black/White Mojo
    345HP Surf Motor
    1235 Prop
    Autoflow 2.0 Upgrade
    1100# FlyHigh Rears
    650# IBS
    Exile Javelin Amp
    10" Rockford sub

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    The M60ui has been out of production for about 3 years now, and id gather SC has depleted their stock. This leaves them with whats currently available. Cant blame SC for Sony for dropping the M60 LCD remote and then eliminating the driver for it from the current lineup of head units

What will work however, is the actual remote buttons, if the head unit has the 3.5mm steering wheel control input. If the remote is the larger LCD remote, you lose the display.
    Ahhh ok gotcha. The remote is the RM-X60M.
    2014 Black/White Mojo
    345HP Surf Motor
    1235 Prop
    Autoflow 2.0 Upgrade
    1100# FlyHigh Rears
    650# IBS
    Exile Javelin Amp
    10" Rockford sub

So turns out we are SOL when it comes to the remote. Just got word back from SC on whether the new deck is compatible with the existing remote and the answer is NO. It will function but no display as stated above:

Jay, Contacted the MMS Warranty department and this is the response I got.

"I talked to Skiers and when Sony discontinued the original deck the replacement one they supply is the one you have, and according to what Sony told Skiers last fall there is no remote that displays for that deck and that the original one will function properly but not display. Skiers have run into this before but due to no proper remote available from Sony this is all they can do"

Not really too impressed with that at all. Since when do you have a warranty replacement where the new part being installed didn't actually work with another fairly vital component of the stereo system? Now if I want to have it operating properly as it used to ... I need to shell out extra $$ for a compatible remote.
    2014 Black/White Mojo
    345HP Surf Motor
    1235 Prop
    Autoflow 2.0 Upgrade
    1100# FlyHigh Rears
    650# IBS
    Exile Javelin Amp
    10" Rockford sub

I know it's not optimal but can you find a replacement of the deck you need on ebay or Crutchfield to swap in? Sure it wouldnt be more than 100 bucks or so and you could just sell the deck they sent you. There are always new in box discontinued stereos floating around. I had to do this on my last boat to keep the remote working that I already had (the remote was custom mounted and would have looked like crap to remove/replace).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jtatexc View Post
    I know it's not optimal but can you find a replacement of the deck you need on ebay or Crutchfield to swap in? Sure it wouldnt be more than 100 bucks or so and you could just sell the deck they sent you. There are always new in box discontinued stereos floating around. I had to do this on my last boat to keep the remote working that I already had (the remote was custom mounted and would have looked like crap to remove/replace).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    That's actually not a a bad idea. Thanks I will check around and see what I can find!
    2014 Black/White Mojo
    345HP Surf Motor
    1235 Prop
    Autoflow 2.0 Upgrade
    1100# FlyHigh Rears
    650# IBS
    Exile Javelin Amp
    10" Rockford sub