Default MP3 Downloader App Needed

I can't seem to find a MP3 download app for my Galaxy 5. I used these apps in the past to make a catalog of music so I have music while in the boonies but since I got this phone I haven't been able to find one. I did find an app to download songs but I found out it links to the songs so that doesn't work with no cell coverage. I usually use streaming services when I'm boating so I can blame the service for the crappy song but when I'm in the middle of nowhere I treat my guests to music I like but that is all there is.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Probably not what you want to hear, but I recently subscribed to Google Play Music and it allows you to download your playlists and libraries for offline play.
    2006 Moomba XLV
    Indmar 325 MPI - Acme 1433
    1,100lb V-drive sacs + 1,180lb front
    WakeMAKERS Ballast System Upgrade
    DIY SuckGate
    PerfectPass DBW

Similar to above, I use spotify and it's pretty simple to check the box on various playlists to have them available for offline play.

I used to use an andoid app that would allow me to search for a song and then pick one of the results and download it. For the life of me, I can't remember its name. I don't have it on my new phone. It was basically something that would torrent music and the songs you were downloading was of 'questionable legality'. So I'm pretty confident that's why it got pulled from the Google Play store and you had to search out and install the APK separately.

Now that I have spotify, I'm pretty happy with its ability to do offline play. In fact, I can have music saved on my laptop at home, then go into spotify and select some of those songs/directories for "local playback". Then I can create a playlist with those local songs, and in turn go to my phone and pull up that same playlist and select it as available for offline play. BAM. I've just taken music stored on my home laptop and made it available to play via spotify on my phone even when I don't have a data connection.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I too have a S5 and use Amazon as I have Prime and Prime Music is included. Currently have about 2,000 hours of music on my phone. I did add a 64gb micro SD card to store it all.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

Entirely different train of thought. Do you happen to have a USB Input on your audio system? We simply load our MP3 formated music on a thumb drive and plug it in to the system that way. We let our guests know if they want to bring a playlist with, to drop it on a USB Drive. Its cheap and doesn't require us to rely on our phones. Maybe I am a bit old school, but we generally leave our phones in the truck unless we are waiting for people to meet up with us. This way there is zero risk of water exposure to our phones, keeps the kiddos off them socializing for real, keeps my eyes off of work emails and if the drive gets damaged we are only out $5-10. Again, different thought process.

I am with Dandy on this one. I download off mixcrate and load on a usb drive.
    probably one of the 1%'ers but I only use my phone for music when flying. thumbdrives in all the cars.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Default Re: MP3 Downloader App Needed

I recently switched from Google music to Spotify, you can store music offline mode if needed, works really, plus you can share playlists..
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by SuvegLo View Post
    Is there a new app which has a good quality?
    Of course, there are new apps which are very good at downloading mp3 files from different sources. I prefer to download most of the stuff from YouTube, because there is a huge amount of video and audio educational content, which I like to show to my kids, rather than watching some challenges which have no positive impact on them. Usually, I convert YouTube to mp5, and save the videos on their tablets, and this way, my kids can watch qualitative videos which are approved by me.

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Similar to above, I use spotify and it's pretty simple to check the box on various playlists to have them available for offline play.

I used to use an andoid app that would allow me to search for a song and then pick one of the results and download it. For the life of me, I can't remember its name. I don't have it on my new phone. It was basically something that would torrent music and the songs you were downloading was of 'questionable legality'. So I'm pretty confident that's why it got pulled from the Google Play store and you had to search out and install the APK separately.happy mod

Now that I have spotify, I'm pretty happy with its ability to do offline play. In fact, I can have music saved on my laptop at home, then go into spotify and select some of those songs/directories for "local playback". Then I can create a playlist with those local songs, and in turn go to my phone and pull up that same playlist and select it as available for offline play. BAM. I've just taken music stored on my home laptop and made it available to play via spotify on my phone even when I don't have a data connection.
    same for me!