Default Well, this was a new

Pulled into Sequoyah Marina at Norris this weekend. As I am getting out, notice my entire windshield on the driver side was just flippin and floppin. Turns out the screw at bottom along the dash had worked itself loose, and the frame came loose. Man, what a nightmare. First, getting the glass back in the frame and weather stripping. Then, finding a tool at the lake that would allow me to tighten the frickin thing. Thankfully a mechanic was close by and had an offset Phillips head that was bent just right. 2 hours later, back on the water. Went to Sears today and picked one up, but I am contemplating a well place bolt to forbid this from happening again.

Moral: check those screws, boys. Never seen anything like this, and never even thought about it. I'm pretty diligent about tightening bolts on towers, etc, but never thought to do this.

Tracy

Default Replying to Topic 'Well, this was a new'

I take it this was not your new 06.

Did you see George?

SD2
    Naked red and white 2005 Moomba LSV
    Teaching my kids to Ride, Shoot Strait and Tell the Truth

This last weekend my 98 Mobius has a screw on the floor. I found it to be the screw at the very bottom of the windshield also. I had no space for a screw driver head to fit in so I used a needle nose pliers with grip and gripped the side of the screw and put it back in a 1/4 turn at a time.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Nah Jeff. Had a chance last minute to head to the Lake, thanks to an unexpected early departure of my sons baseball team from the NoKy knothole tourney. Didn't get in to see George. On a side note, keep trying to talk him into letting me(well, not me, but my employer) loan him some $$$ to build a bldg to get those boats of the grass and undercover. I'm already worried about in three years when I go to sell this thing that I can only put "always garage kept, except for the year in sat in grass in the weather and dust at my dealer".

zabooda, spent $2 on a cool little offset screwdriver at Sears. New addition to boat tool box.

Tracy

Actually, I had a offset screwdriver but the screw barely fit into the hole as the end of the screw pressed against the deck. I believe the windshield is assembled before it is mounted on the boat as an offset screwdriver still cannot get into the screws on the bottom of the windshield.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

I had the same problem in my SSv last year. Before you put the screw back in put some locktight gel into the hole and then rescrew the screw in. Once it Dried I never had a problem again.