Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Oregon to Altanta Trip

Those that are Fb friends have seen these but here are some of the pictures I took along the way. This is trip 1 of two we have to make.

I brought the Vette down this trip and have to find a place to store it until we offically arrive July 12th.

It was a great road trip, I left Carlton and drive 950 miles to Vegas the first day, took 2 lane back highways almost the entire way to see the sceanery. Went south through Kalamth, went buy several lakes, drove through Cali, and then into Nevada.

Second Day I drove a short 40 minutes to Lake Mead and spent the day with Russ <Boonejeepin> Lake Mead is Huge, the ramp is 8 lanes wide, into this little shallow cove that opens to lake. Can't even explain how many boats were there and Russ said it was a slow day lol.

Third Day I left at 230am for Tucson, spent the day with my mom.

Day 4 I drove from Tucson to Colorado Springs so I could check off driving Pikes Peak. Hit some seriously heavy storms, my convertable top barely ever leaks and it was leaking pretty bad were the seals meet as it folds up and down. Leaking right on my shoulder no less lol.

Day 5 was the drive from Colorado Springs to Oklahoma City. Lots of little rain, no top leaks lol. Great views as I drove through NM to Texas to OKC.

Day 6 was I think my most favorite as I got what I feel is a picture of a lifetime if your a fan of Street Outlaws the show. I arrived really early before the gift shop was open, when Jason <Monkey> arrived to open the shop he allowed me to bring the Vette in the back and get a shot of it in front of the shop, very rare opertunity as guests cars are not allowed in the back. I grabed that opertunity and I was gitty to say the least.
    After this I stoped by Farmtruck and AZN shop then hit the road and drive to Birmingham AL. Great drive, I learned in detail how my suspension settings in the Vette work.
    Tour - Oklahoma Highways super rough and this made the ride a lot better in the Vette but felt a little bouncy at times.
    Sport - Works formost highways as its firmer
    Performance - this is my normal setting and its the firmest and best overal handling but will make your kidneys hurt on Oklahoma roads. LOL

Day 7 I drove the last 170 miles to Atlanta, got stuck in one of Atlanta famous traffic jams as they take 5 lines into 1 lane while merging a second highway. OMG it took 30 minutes to 1/2 mile, thank god for the high chance of rain and I had the top up with the AC because this was a hot sticky mess of a traffic jam lol.

The route on the Map.

Morning I left, Claudia wanted a pic unless I didn't come home LOL.

Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

The launch ramp in Cali

Russ Surfing and this is with his home made wave control tabs. It works really well, switches side to side and the boat stays level.

Captain and Boss.

These people had the set up, House boat, 2 jet skis, a Fat Boy tube you jump and launch people from, and a Jet boat.

[COLOR="#696969"]

At the base of Pikes Peak is Santa's Work Shop, when I arrived no one was there, when I left the parking lot was completly full.

At the highest point they let you go, they had a lot of snow the night before so the roads were slick, this is only a couple turns from the top and just to get this shot I had to coast through the snow, then turn around and go downhill accross the snow again so I wouldn't get stuck. The drive is amazing, has 156 turns and some seriously tight hairpins. Even at 10 mph hitting this hairpins is a jolt of adrenaline.

After that run, car was dirtier then I have ever seen her.

[COLOR="#696969"]

Left Colorado and headed South to NM, then East through a peace of Texas, surprisingly green and into OK.

Before the gift shop opened. Midwest Automotive

My favorite pic of the trip.

Farmtruck and AZN shop.

[COLOR="#696969"]

Last day of the trip.

Landed the Lake House rental on Lanier, by fare the best day of the trip.
    Just a little house, don't even know the sq footage, I would say 1200 if I had to guess, its 3 bed 2.5 bath with a carport, room to park the trailer and truck plus both cars, 3rd floor < basement > is ground level and is more of a bonus or storage room since the access is outside or down a steep sprial staicase.

Upstairs it has a wrap around deck, and screen in deck on the back. All wooded with tons of shade and only a small section of grass to maintain. Awesome for what i wanted in a rental and the price is perfect.

Covered Dock, little short at 17ft but its doable. Owner just ran power to the dock last winter so it has lights and a plce to plug the boat in.

Opening to Lanier.

[COLOR="#696969"]

Default Oregon to Altanta Trip

It was great seeing you Mike and spending the day with you. Hope to visit you in GA when you settle in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Good write up Mike! Loved following on Facebook too, but read the writeup as it was little more detailed
    2014 Mondo
    2013 Yamaha AR192.... Long gone

Quote Originally Posted by CFD3Captain View Post
    Good write up Mike! Loved following on Facebook too, but read the writeup as it was little more detailed
    Yea I try not to get to wordy on FB lol plus FB is normally from my phone and I tend to forum more on a computer.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Yea I try not to get to wordy on FB lol plus FB is normally from my phone and I tend to forum more on a computer.

HA! Did you get to go into the "Firehouse" ? That is so cool Farmtruck's shop is an old firehouse.
    2014 Mondo
    2013 Yamaha AR192.... Long gone

Quote Originally Posted by CFD3Captain View Post
    HA! Did you get to go into the "Firehouse" ? That is so cool Farmtruck's shop is an old firehouse.
    Yup got to go inside, the Farmtruck was in the garage.
    [COLOR="#696969"]