Default How to install Perfect pass?

Hi

Finally I bought a PP system and I am starting to install it, but I’m kind of uncomfortable about drilling a hole at the hull, but I know I will do it; so I wonder about the location of the paddle wheel if you can provide some info or pictures of the location of it and also where did you locate the master module. I’m thinking about installing it under the dashboard like 2ft front of the throttle lever or over the woofer right behind the tach , also something that I have doubts is about the trajectory of the servomotor cables to the master module, I haven’t check the possibilities yet but any help or suggestions on how did you resolve those issues will be very helpful. By the way my boat is a DD Mobius

Thanks
    Rosh

Default Replying to Topic 'How to install Perfect pass?'

I was looking at this the other day... hehe I bought this last week and should get this same thing in the mail on thursday... I cannot wait to be honest... so tired of trying to keep the boat a constant speed... anyhow I saw some install pics of the servo motor here... maybe this will help... I am anxious to see what feedback you get as well so that I can apply it to my knowledge...

http://www.perfectpass.com/pp_support_usersmanual.html

I installed PP in my 2004 Mobius LS DD. It is very simple, the three wiring harnesses were under the dash and you do not need to drill a hole in your hull cause Skiers Choice uses a paddle wheel for the existing speedo. You replace the paddle wheel with the one that came with your PP and I mounted the module onto the support under my dash that runs from Stem to Stern. The most difficult part was feeding the wiring from the dash to the motor compartment......very frustrating and took a lot of time....be patient.
    2004 LS with 1000 Salt Water Hours.....

deep cove..

did your boat have the harness for water temp? I could not fine one for that... but your right installing perfect pass is simple.... 2004 and newer have the factory harness setup. took about an hour. very clean to install... just takes time to route the cable and tie it up nice and neet. first time out it worked like a charm. takes more time to figure out how to use it then it does to install it..

added perfect pass to my 2004 mobius lsv last night... easiest install I have ever done. took all of an hour! total plug and play... my thoughts... the engine setup the most critical part... just making sure you get the servo motor sitting right and the parts hooked up... always worry abit when your messing with the speed or throttle.

anyone know if there is a stock plug for the water temp... not sure my boat had a plug for it... did not see it? but the rest was nice and easy to find....
    07 LSV
    Bikinis, tankinis, martinis
    No weenies

I believe the paddlewheel made for PP has a temp. sensor. The basic one does not.

-J

How much are you guys saving by doing the install yourself? I'm thinking about adding PP after my wife had me boarding at 30 mph today.

I dont know how much I saved... but then again I like to do most things myself... I know that 2004 and later have all the wiring in place... my pp system came with a note that said that.

And for the record... I found the temp sensor today, it was just tucked up above a wire bundle.... damn... water was 82.7 degrees... so nice.
    07 LSV
    Bikinis, tankinis, martinis
    No weenies

I called Perfect Pass last week to ask them about install. The said that if your paddlewheel is mouted under the boat near the engine, then you can just use the one you have if you want. However, they told me in my case, since my 01 Outback has the paddlewheels on the transom, that I would need to install a new one under the boat, they said about 8 inches to the side of the keel near the drain plug. They claim that the transom mounted paddle wheels do not supply an accurate enough singnal to get the best results from the Perfect Pass system. I will be ordering mine soon, and I will install it myself, it doesn't look that hard. I called my local dealer about installation prices, but I got tired of waiting on hold so I just hung up!